Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Growth Designer to join our Product Design team. The Growth Designer will collaborate closely with growth marketers, product managers, data scientists, and engineers to ship great design work to drive user acquisition, activation, and retention.
- You will lead product design on our website and lifecycle engagement channels, including landing pages and in-app user upgrade flows.
- Within your first 30 days, you will get deeply familiar with Grammarly's products, users, marketing, and design philosophies.
- By month three, you’ll work with growth product managers to craft an A/B test series of experiments aimed to improve acquisition rates during the Grammarly onboarding flow. You will transform quantitative learnings from the experiments into informed design decisions and iterate accordingly.
- By month six, you’ll implement new features in Grammarly’s browser extension and web editor products aimed at increasing Premium upgrade rates.
- By month nine, you’ll work on updating the onboarding experience for Grammarly’s enterprise customers.
- Beyond year one, you’ll partner with the Engineering team to work on the design system for Grammarly’s website to improve consistency and speed of implementation. You will continue building a strong partnership with PMs and working on ways to increase user acquisition and retention rates across Grammarly’s suite of products.
We're looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has at least three years of experience designing websites and a relevant work portfolio that shows a strong product design process.
- Can create beautiful, high-fidelity mockups in Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Is comfortable with creating detailed prototypes using interactive design tools like Flinto, Principle, After Effects, etc.
- Likes taking ownership—is a self-starter and enjoys driving projects from beginning to end.
- Has a growth mindset and uses data to inform design decisions.
- Can effectively communicate ideas, design decisions, and rationalize proposals.
- Has an appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving to detailed interaction and visual design.
Support you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.