An industry-leading cloud-based technology company, Alarm.com, is seeking a dynamic, versatile and ambitious Web Designer to join our Creative Services team. As a Web Designer, you will be working as part of a fast-paced interdisciplinary team managing multiple design projects in a collaborative environment. Your goal will be to develop impactful designs that capture and promote our company vision and brand, supporting the importance of creativity and originality with a focus on clean and simple design execution.
Who are we looking for? A professional individual with great communication skills and a solid understanding of branding, marketing, and consumer behavior with the innate ability to translate their skills and knowledge into effective designs. We are looking for a detail oriented individual who can efficiently work on multiple projects with competing priorities and get the work done and done well. A good candidate understands the importance of following brand and style guidelines while always looking for innovative ways to grow the brand and support their work with design thinking, a drive for excellence, and exceptional pride in what they create.
- Work efficiently and effectively with various teams across the organization on several projects simultaneously to support conceptual designs with clear and concise digital assets while adhering to competing timelines
- Develop a full range of high-impact digital B2B and B2C content, utilizing a good understanding of responsive design
- Stay current and up-to-date with marketing trends and technology and constantly look for ways to improve and push solutions forward
- Take care of day-to-day maintenance of micro sites, landing pages, and various email templates, and tracks and reports progress until completion
- Generate animated web banners to promote consumer messaging
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, designing and implementing updates and enhancements and effectively communicate the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines
- Work with Visual Designers to convert designs into WordPress and email templates
- Create and update custom themes and maintain a variety of sites
- Create low and high-fidelity mock-ups according to project requirements
- Develop responsive websites and emails templates that are fully tested across all relevant browsers and platforms
- Provide user friendly site administration, documentation, and guidance to content contributors
- Provide guidance and recommendations with Wordpress Core, plugins, theme updates, and bug fixes
- Ensure page loading times are within specified requirements
- Install, test, and debug WordPress plugins and create new WordPress plugins, as needed
- Work in a team environment, collaborating, and communicating concepts and solutions with both designers and non-designers, providing clear reasoning while keeping an open mind for feedback
- 3-5 years’ of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic/web design, computer science or related field
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress (Knowledge of other CMS platforms a plus)
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap, SaaS
- Knowledge of ExactTarget, a plus
- Knowledge of SalesForce Marketing Cloud, a plus
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Good organization skills to manage multiple projects and competing timelines
- Travel up to 10%
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.