Senior Visual Designer (Digital)
We believe life is better with theater in it. Theater brings us together, challenges our perspectives, and ultimately develops us into more complete humans. No matter who you are or where you’re from.
That’s why we’re on a mission to make theater as accessible as possible and find a seat for everyone.
Launched in 2013, TodayTix is now the largest theater ticketing platform in the world. We work with thousands of venues to provide the best-priced tickets available in the biggest cities around the world, including New York City, London’s West End, Toronto, the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington DC, Chicago, and Australia. Through effortless access to the best shows, insightful guidance to the world of theater, and thoughtful service at each moment along the way, we enable people to discover the best that their city has to offer.
We’re seeking highly motivated team members to join us in disrupting an old supply chain model, creating greater access to theater, and expanding the theater-going audience.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
About the role
This role will work closely with product teams and senior leadership to create simple, delightful, and user-focused experiences across our digital products. We’re looking for someone who is an advocate for great design, comes with an incredibly strong portfolio, rolls up their sleeves, and is obsessive over quality and user experience.
What you’ll do
- Lead the visual design of large-scale digital projects
- Help define our visual style guide for consumer-facing digital products and ensure a cohesive identity across disciplines
- Promote a culture of design excellence and lead by example by creating best-in-class work
- Be an expert in our users and how our designs solve their problems
- Present your work to senior leaders and across the product teams
- Work end to end across the product life cycle
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years designing digital experiences for world-class brands.
- Incredibly strong portfolio with simple, user-centric work.
- Experience working on product teams and shipping features in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Skill in motion prototypes, iconography, and brand identity is a plus!
- Excellent communication skills, high energy, and an optimistic attitude to inspire others.
- A self-starter who constantly raises the bar for yourself and others.
- Innovation. You create boundary-pushing designs while keeping best practice in mind.
- Strategic focus. You can translate business and user needs into a single visual identity.
- Curiosity. You’re always asking insightful questions and never complacent.
- Technical proficiency. You’re familiar with current design tools like Figma, Invision, and Principle.
- Collaborative. You’re able to synthesize big ideas and communicate them clearly. You take and give feedback gracefully.
What we offer
TodayTix takes care of our team. We’re proud to offer a generous suite of benefits and perks. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Healthcare, vision, and dental plans, with generous contributions from the company
- Life and disability insurance
- Free membership and access to One Medical Group & Health Advocate
- Subsidized gym memberships at two New York-based chains
- Pre-Tax Flexible healthcare spending account (FSA), Dependent Care FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Generous 401(k) Matching
- Employee referral bonuses
- Each office has its own flavor of food fun, but all offer office snacks and weekly company lunches!
TodayTix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, rule or regulation.