Jr. Marketing Designer
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is looking for a smart, passionate and fun Associate Marketing Designer with 2+ years of experience to be a part of conceptualizing and creating products that meet the needs of our users, brands, and advertisers. We’re looking for a talented graphic designer to join our fast-paced, in-house Creative Marketing team. This person will work closely with stakeholders across Marketing from copywriters to other designers to our internal marketing gurus to produce onbrand design that creates a joyful user experience and elevates our brands.
The primary area of focus will be on our WeddingWire brand, with opportunities to design projects for our other brands and The Knot Worldwide company initiatives.The ideal candidate would promote and practice user-centered design in creating deliverables across web, mobile, email, social platforms and occasionally print.
This is a full-time position based out of our Chevy Chase, MD office, and we will not consider remote candidates at this time.
- Work under the direction of the Creative Director and Marketing Design Manager to maintain the look and feel of our brands’ visual style while finding new and exciting ways to expand our use of existing design elements
- Design for projects that include but are not limited to Marketing campaigns, desktop and mobile web design, social media, and emails
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to help ensure that the strategic goals and objectives are met
- Provide design production assistance to the rest of the team as needed
SUCCESSFUL ASSOCIATE MARKETING DESIGNER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- BFA or BA in Graphic Design
- 1-3 years of digital and solid print design experience (experience working on an in-house team is a huge plus)
- Exceptional typography and with attention to detail
- Strong and flexible skills in visual design and working knowledge of interface design experience (UI, UX)
- Exceptional portfolio of work displaying a range of digital media applications, web, mobile, email, digital banners, etc.
- Passion for clean, accessible, functional design and a sophisticated design sensibility
- Ability to think about the end user of the product, how to help them best understand the key messaging and call to action, and arrange the information hierarchy accordingly
- Excellent communication skills, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task various projects under tight deadlines while maintaining quality is a MUST
- Desire to learn how the needs of our business drive what we do
- Must be a team-player, collaborator, problem solver and owner with a passion for detail
- Solid background in responsive design
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Sketch is a plus
- Must have strong Illustration skills
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.