Senior Digital Designer (Remote)
Influx is looking for an experienced digital designer to join our Marketing team.
You will handle everything related to design and usability: from our website, digital assets, digital applications, to other digital products. We are looking for someone to not only work with our current style guide but also challenge it to be better – with a focus on design, usability and accessibility standards.
You will join our Marketing team, and be expected (and encouraged!) to work across multiple teams to raise the bar of design and overall usability throughout the company.
Influx is a fast-growing and profitable startup offering a scalable, elastic and turnkey customer support solution for tech companies and eCommerce brands. Our goal is to surprise and delight our customer’s customers daily and we want someone to join the team who is aligned with that vision!
- Execute top-quality design work in line with brand objectives and standards
- Work with key business stakeholders to manage brand design projects from concept through to execution
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to help create exceptional user experiences, site designs, and promotions
- Defining and implementing innovative solutions for the brand’s visual development and users’ experience
- Project-managing design projects and managing multiple competing priorities and capacity planning for the design team
- Contributing to idea generation and brainstorming sessions
- Designing web landing pages and promotional material for campaigns including email marketing, small video animations, creation of adverts, web banners, and PDFs
- HTML and CSS development to create EDM templates and campaign landing pages
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of multimedia design experience with a strong digital portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to take ideas from conception to final design
- User Interface expert with good knowledge of UX, and the ability to create pixel-perfect buttons, icons, sliders and make the most of a small interface
- Knowledge of responsive design concepts, passionate about understanding current and emerging UX/UI and mobile design trends
- Experience in creating HTML5 animated web banners and social media advertising.
- Precise layout skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Creative thinking and ability to thrive in a growing team and fast-paced environment
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good written and spoken English
- This position is remote, however working hours should cross over with two time zones: AEST (Melbourne) and EAT (Nairobi).
To really impress us, you’ll have some knowledge of front-end development.