We’re looking for a passionate senior-level UI web designer to add to our tight-knit team. We want to inspire you, and we want you to inspire us.
Who We Are
Orbit is a transparent and talented Chicago-based web design and development company. We create focused but flexible sites designed to convert. We have a strong process and a strong work ethic, but we also know how to have a good time. There are 40 Orbiteers, split across our design, development and project management teams.
We love working with great Chicago companies like Vienna Beef, Lou Malnati’s, and Goodman Theatre. But we also have clients across the US, big and small, like Billie Jean King, MarkLogic, and Federalist Wines. We’re proud to be a B Corp and love giving back to our community by donating work for Chicago area nonprofits through our Chicago Cause initiative.
What You’ll Be Doing
Designing websites! There's a bit more to it than that, but really, that's the job.
Our designers work and present directly with clients. They focus on creating results-driven, user-friendly websites that beautifully bring brands to life online. They get to juggle multiple projects at a time.
They create wireframes, design concepts, and full page designs for all unique features of a project. Oh yeah, lots of Sketch artboards. They collaborate with copywriters and put added emphasis on key page designs. On some projects they even design in browser and get into a little CSS code using our modular Wordpress sandbox.
Our designers put a strong focus on content strategy, conversion optimization, UX and usability on all projects. They work closely with their project teams on this stuff and utilize our other designers for inspiration, feedback and refinement. We're a collaborative bunch, but at the end of the day, it's your design!
Designers at Orbit aren’t focused on one niche of a website, they are the driving force behind it.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must have a great eye for design hierarchy, color, typography, and layout on the web
- Must have a portfolio with at least 5+ years of web/interface design experience
- Must have experience working in a team environment (design agency background is a strong plus)
- Has an excellent understanding of information architecture, usability, and responsive web design principles/limitations
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Can execute and prioritize tasks on short deadlines
- Can present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers, clients, and executive-level stakeholders
- Stays up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies
- Is highly skilled in Sketch and Photoshop, with experience using Invision
Interested? Here’s What We Need From You
- Link to online portfolio (required)
- Start date availability