Senior Art Director
Formulates concepts and leads staff engaged in executing layout designs for artwork and copy to be presented by visual communications media such as magazines, books, in-store POS, newspapers, television, posters, digital and packaging.
- Develops concepts for media that reflect strategy; are appropriate for the brands personality and are extremely creative.
- Collaborates with senior writers to produce a very high quality of advertising.
- Ensures that ideas/designs are produced timely, on budget and with the degree of quality promised to the client.
- Maintains interaction with print/broadcast production and client services on scope of projects.
- Directs and guides art directors and writers in the creation of advertising.
- Delivers internal presentations to senior creative personnel and/or clients.
- Remains current on industry trends and technology.
- Own small to mid sized projects
- Partner with the Art Director/Designer to contribute to the creation of concepts through active participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating sessions
- Actively seek out members of other departments to collaborate with at a project level
- Work with more senior staff to ensure that creative exceeds space150 and client expectations
- Concept and execute award-winning work that achieves clients’ objectives
- Understand the creative direction set forth for each project and develop work that supports that direction
- Inform insightful ideas through competent knowledge of client’s business objectives, brand, consumer, and competitive landscape
- Develop content (long form, short form, headlines, naming, social, etc.) for clients under direction of the project’s creative lead
- Write compelling and grammatically clean long-form copy, as well as effective headlines, taglines, and calls to action
- Write in multiple styles, formats, and tones
- Develop conceptual skills
- Use feedback/direction from creative lead to generate multiple explorations to the satisfaction of lead
- Write reflecting brand tone
- Appraise and edit your own work
- Present work confidently and clearly to clients and senior leadership
- 5+ years of digital and/or advertising copywriting experience
- Strong, diverse creative portfolio
- Good presentation skills
- Curiosity for new technologies and emerging trends
- Strong time management skills
- Strong executional skills
- Objectively look at a brand in contrast to the subjectivity of your personal taste
- Highly responsible, collaborative, and self-motivated