Digital Experience Creative Director
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is looking for a Digital Experience Creative Director with an eye for aesthetic and years of high-performance creative who wants to make their mark on the world. Join us in our mission to help people from all around the world with the help & tools to make their own way. We’re looking for someone with a sense that there are no limits to what can be achieved when you're willing to shake things up. Our work is fueled by creative thinking, challenging questions, and the power of digital in redefining a connected world. Our people thrive because they believe it's both a privilege and a responsibility to usher our customers and the world into a life of independence and self-determination. We're seeking a skilled craftsman and leader who question the status quo and re-imagine how we connect our digital experiences to support our mission of “Empowering Everyday Entrepreneurs Everywhere”.
As Digital Experience Creative Director you will help lead creative strategy with our brand experience design team to develop and produce industry-leading digital creative solutions that will drive our business. You bring a deep understanding of user experience, ecomm, visual merchandising, integrated campaigns, creative performance, content production, user research and social across all digital channels and interactive media. The successful candidate is a true leader who shows their qualities through their actions. They must be an excellent collaborator, keeping up-to-date with innovative work across industries, and sharing internal and external best practices with GoDaddy, while inspiring others toward creativity and continually imagining new ways for us to be engaging, always. We are consistently striving to deliver bold, creative solutions anchored by principled research. Drive innovative, set the bar of aesthetic, bring to life experience that pay off our mission. Be the change maker.
Visit godaddy.design to check out some of our team's recent work.
- Be the strategic creative thinker and raise the bar of visual design and digital brand experience creative for GoDaddy
- Brainstorm, pitch, design, develop, deliver and manage "best-in-class" creative.
- Translate, present, and persuasively sell marketing and business objectives as dynamic creative strategies
- Create concepts and art direction for go to marketing teams and touch-points including, onsite merchandising, social media, and digital advertising using a human-centric approach to design
- Provide visual design direction and oversee the production of original graphic designs for onsite merchandising, traffic drivers, social advertising, and all other marketing needs
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of the creative process -- actively participate in creative briefings, develop & execute creative concepts (both independently and with the team), determine solutions/alternatives when necessary, and present work to stakeholders
- Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use within marketing
- Fluency in understanding and interpreting strategy to developing initial concepts
- Exceptional design skills, including layout, typography, video, motion, design patterns, and copywriting
- Work through the process of building and defining personas, customer user journeys, process flows, storyboards, wireframes, high-fidelity designs, and prototypes
- Create a visual design & user experiences for GoDaddy.com, future state prototypes, microsites & landing pages, social and mobile applications, digital content, style guides and presentations
- Work collaboratively with teams & stakeholders within GoDaddy including brand, marketing, product & technology teams to drive work to live environments
- Lead Design Sprint methodologies and creative process with teams. (Insights, Ideate, Design, Test, Launch, Learn in a user first design approach)
- Design a cohesive visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
- Identify and remove barriers in the context of an integrated team that owns the project from idea to execution
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
- Create use case scenarios, complex user flows/information architecture, wireframes and mock-ups
- Convey your ideas effectively through sketches, prototypes, and animation
- Conduct user research to validate working concepts
- Analytically track design changes to inform future work and choices
- Identify whether, when, and how external resources may be needed, and manage their deliverables and timing when necessary
- Collaborate with the business team and others to ensure that apps and web experiences complement one another
- Maintain a customer-centric (as opposed to product-centric) focus on unique customer personas and their needs
- Attract, recruit, and retain creative talent to grow the creative capability, and mentor junior team members
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required, specifically in design-related discipline such as Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communications or Advertising
- Strong mix of creative and operations experience, with proven ability to lead an office and expand a portfolio with 10+ years of digital Industry experience
- Proven leadership experience to grow, build, and expand an existing business ability to positively influence the culture, and provide strong mentoring and collaboration across disciplines
- Must be well-versed in all user-centered design methods and techniques
- Have a strong ability to champion design sprint processes in Brand, advertising sensibility desired, with proven experience across all channels, and appreciation for the craft of design
- Proven industry experience in a well-established, creative leadership role with a clear track record of success
- Experience across digital channels as well as above the line solid verbal communication skills, with experience and a high degree of comfort presenting to all levels of clients, stakeholders, and/or colleagues
- Knowledge of marketing, all forms of advertising, and digital experiences, with conceptual and design abilities or background
- Must possess a deep understanding of related creative tracks, such as user experience, copywriting, user testing and content production & strategy
- Must be proficient-to-expert in: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InDesign, InVision, Microsoft Office
- Must have proven client-facing role experience working with teams on large scale, long-term projects
- Possess excellent writing and communications skills
- Have the ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, constantly changing, high-stakes environment
- Must have a passionate attitude with willingness and enthusiasm to plot and achieve your own growth
- Must align with GoDaddy's vision and core values
- Ability to travel up to 15% required.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
Job ID R008205