Motion Designer/3D Artist
Motion Designer/3D Artist
We’re looking for a highly creative and technically talented motion designer to join our brand new video team. You will need to be a strong creative sparring partner for the Video Lead, comfortable with responsibility and adaptable to a fast-changing, high-growth environment.
Possessing strong communication and organisational skills, you will act as a bridge between the video and design teams and the technical first point of contact for our external production partners.
The right candidate should possess a technical skill set of 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Compositing. Illustration skills would be advantageous alongside a talent for creative conception.
If you are a strong team player and passionate about growing a new department from its humble beginnings to its glorious destiny, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll do
Together with the Video Lead, you will shape the scope and influence of this new team and help develop the SumUp brand through moving image. You’ll be involved in:
- Establishing processes and workflows to ensure a smooth-running production operation.
- Conceptual thinking - you’ll develop creative masters that will help to shape our video marketing language. Help transform the very beginnings of ideas into inspirational visual expressions.
- Designing and producing rich motion graphic sequences containing 2D graphic, typography animation and photorealistic 3D environments. Compositing digital elements with live action footage.
- Applying your technical expertise to all phases of production, foreseeing and managing challenges to free creativity.
- Supervising all matters related to VFX during live shoots and effectively communicating these with the team
- Understanding the needs of the business and applying strategic thought and planning to your ideas.
- Quickly grasping and interpreting creative briefs, demonstrating initiative and closing projects whilst respecting deadlines.
- Keeping informed about industry developments and honing your craft.
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have 3+ years’ industry experience, ideally supported by a degree within your field.
- You have advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (primarily After Effects, Premiere and Photoshop) and related plugins.
- You have advanced knowledge of Cinema 4D.
- You have a strong grasp of animation techniques and principles, and know how to apply them cross-media.
- You’re confident creating graphic layouts, storyboards and animatics.
- You have strong drawing, illustration, editing and 3D tracking skills.
- You’re fluent in English (our company language).
Please submit a reel of previous work alongside your application
Why you should join SumUp
You’ll be a founding member of a new department and play a key role in its future development.
Be part of the journey of a highly successful company experiencing massive growth, where the job is constantly evolving and you are in the creative driving seat.
Join a highly ambitious, diverse and international marketing team, eagerly awaiting your video assets!
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.