The YouVersion Product Designer will identify and create new opportunities for people worldwide to engage with the Bible through our growing number of apps and platforms.
The YouVersion Team has one goal: to make sure every person on Earth can experience God through His Word, no matter where they are or what language they speak. You’re here because you have talents, skills, and a passion to see the good news of the Bible reach into every corner of the world, and so are we. Let’s use them together to spread God’s light. Let’s make sure everyone in this world can experience a Gospel that speaks life into them, too.
The YouVersion Product Team is looking for a diversely talented Jesus follower who can serve as a Product Designer for the Bible App and our growing number of other apps and platforms. With more than 365 million installs of the Bible App, 27 million installs of the Bible App for Kids, and more than a million installs of Bible Lens, the YouVersion Team continues to grow and evolve in an eﬀort to help people around the world engage with God’s Word.
The YouVersion Product Designer will work with an amazing team who will be crafting new experiences that push the boundaries of digital communication. They will create new opportunities for Bible engagement through community, worship, reflection, prayer, and generosity. The ideal candidate will be tuned in to current and future industry trends, have a fondness of typography, heuristics and is eager to carve new paths. Think you have what it takes? Read on.
- Willing to do whatever it takes to help your team be successful
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting deadlines, and the iterative design process
- Able to drive a project from a simple idea to a finished product
- Gifted in graphic design, typography, photography, and motion graphics with great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- A clear and concise communicator with strong time management, organization, teamwork, leadership, and presentation skills
- Always considering the end-to-end user experience
- Quickly brainstorm and prototype new application and feature ideas
- Deliver polished comps, flows, and assets to team members
- Rapidly think through and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams
- Take ownership of projects, oversee them with minimal direction, and follow through on them beyond their delivery
- Operate swiftly, learn from failures, and iterate during the process from communicating ideas to proof of concept
- 3-5 years of experience in human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma Design, Adobe Creative, prototyping in Principle, or equivalent
- A proven ability to design and ship high-quality software products
- A desire to elevate others
Best of all:
- Be part of a team that cares about you, your personal growth, and professional development.
This position is located at the Life.Church/YouVersion Central Offices in Edmond, Oklahoma. We encourage you to submit strong examples.