Reports to: Creative Director of Design
Guru Studio is looking for an innovative Graphic Designer to help bring our brands to life across a variety of print and digital media.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for all things design, experience as a graphic designer in a studio setting, and an exceptional ability to craft fun, entertaining and beautiful work. A love of animation, toys, games and pop culture is also a plus!
As a part of our design department you will work with marketing, development and production to develop a wide range of content for our studio. You’ll be setting the visual tone for studio digital and print work and you’ll become a visual brand ambassador for our studio and our award-winning children’s properties.
A portfolio of past design work is required.
- Be the point of contact for graphic design needs for various studio departments (marketing, sales, development, recruiting)
- Brainstorm, plan, and design a variety of design materials for print & digital including: posters, banners, flyers, trade show booths, corporate decks, print ads, style guides, show bibles, logos, illustrations and social media content
- Help with creating promotional material for our shows in production
- Manage, organize and keep design libraries up to date
- Touch up/colour correct existing artwork for promotional use
- Create supplementary illustrations and graphics in the style of our various brands
- Degree in Graphic Arts, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) and Powerpoint/Keynote
- Strong sense of design, composition, typography
- Experience in Motion Design & Web Design is an asset
- Copywriting skills are an asset
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a stunning portfolio that shows high-quality work