EDG, an internationally recognized interior architecture and design firm creates innovative hospitality environments worldwide. From Bali to Brazil, Riyadh to San Diego, EDG focuses on strategic solutions that meet business goals while surpassing guest expectations. We have offices in Novato, Dallas and Singapore.
We are committed to pushing the boundaries of excellence and creativity and are looking for some new team members who share our vision and values. We would like to talk to you if you are passionate about design, hardworking yet fun to be around, talented, ambitious, and courageous with your creativity and dedication. The following outlines in more detail the current job opening, description and qualifications required:
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer for our award-winning California headquarters located in Marin County. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and motivated to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. We want someone who is inspired by the latest trends in the graphic design and branding world.
Our graphic design team is part of the Catalyst Studio at EDG, comprised of the marketing team, interior designers and architects, creative strategists and food & beverage experts. Whether brainstorming with the team or pitching a concept or idea to client, the ability to speak about your work and the decisions made is a valued skill.
This position carries the opportunity to realize original and thoughtful concept design and branding through a variety of graphic applications – from naming and logo to signage, menus and interior wall graphics. Our in-house graphic design team is committed to creating highly imaginative, concept-driven solutions that transform hospitality experiences. Our projects can range from “big idea” concept development to detail-oriented menu and uniform design to comprehensive way-finding systems.
The right candidate is adaptable - equally willing to work with a team to develop nuanced and thoughtful graphic solutions in addition to working independently and efficiently on a number of projects within any given day. Excellent time management skills and great creative energy are essential. A strong portfolio in branding, logo design, publication layout and environmental signage is required.
Graphic Design Responsibilities include:
- Strong design and production skills
- Bold aesthetic sense, conceptual skills and sophisticated design sensibilities
- Portfolio showing Logo design experience a must
- Portfolio showing signage experience is a plus!
- Creative typographic and layout skills
- Ability to deliver compelling and technically accurate design and production files on schedule
- Expertise with InDesign style guides
- Experience working with professional photography and image composing
• Strong Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Final Cut Pro or Video Production Experience a plus!
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications and presentation software such as PowerPoint
• Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design
• Minimum 3 years professional work experience
• Effective time-management and organizational skills; must be detailed-oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to excel in a high-volume, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Understand social media technologies and related emerging technologies
• Self motivated, with a strong work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal direction; focused and organized. Proactive with their work and willing to take initiative on projects
This is a growth opportunity. We are looking for someone with the capability to advance in knowledge and responsibility. Our expertise is earned, and we offer a great learning environment. You will be challenged and inspired - and never be bored.
Visit us at www.edgdesign.com
Please email us your cover letter with desired salary, resume, and a portfolio sample of your work in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only PDF and Word documents will be accepted.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
All emails must have Graphic Designer -- YOUR NAME" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.