Team Name: Product
Location: San Francisco, California
We are looking for our first product designer at Modern Treasury. In this role, you will work alongside our product and engineering teams to ship delightful and powerful products for our users. As our first design hire, you will lay the groundwork for future teammates and have significant influence over design across the company.
We are looking for someone who is a design generalist and wants to build with the speed of a rapidly moving startup. We prefer action and experimentation, rather than ideation and perfection. You are able to make high- and low-fidelity mockups, modify CSS, and help with anything else that might be required to ship product.
We care deeply about our users and we expect you to as well. You will spend time getting to know our users and learning their needs. At Modern Treasury, this is a uniquely challenging problem as we have both technical and non-technical users.
We are a small team. As the first designer, you will also work with our growth team to add to our marketing websites and materials.
ABOUT MODERN TREASURY
Modern Treasury builds payment operations solutions. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement—from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation—and are accessible through web application or API.
We believe that payment operations is at the core of every business. We’re a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.
WEEK BY WEEK
During your first week you will:
- Onboard with our team
- Develop an understanding of our customers and user types
- Read our favorite industry primers
- Pair with an engineer and product manager to ship a small user interface enhancement
During your first six weeks you will:
- Design and ship small features to the Modern Treasury application
- Write your first blog post. We love writing at Modern Treasury (and have been on the front page of Hacker News multiple times)
- Shadow a few customer and partner meetings every week
During your first six months you will:
- Design and ship your first major project
- Develop a design system for Modern Treasury for future work
- 3+ years product design experience for a technical product
- Experience working with a design software like Sketch or Figma
- Proficiency in CSS and HTML
Modern Treasury is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Modern Treasury considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.