Junior Graphic Designer
**Please note that this position is flexible as part time or full time depending on candidate availability and experience/skill level
FLY AND THE JOB
FLY is a dynamic, full-service creative shop that develops multi-channel campaigns and creative assets for a wide range of media. Clients include Amazon, American Express, Kiss My Face, Scholastic, the NFL, Campari America, and many more. A combination of branding expertise, results-based marketing, and powerful design is what drives all of our campaigns. We move seamlessly between digital, print, TV, radio, mobile, and outdoor collateral.
Our ideal candidate is well-rounded, adept at collaborating with fellow designers and account managers, able to self-start, eager to learn and expand upon new and existing design skills, comfortable sharing his/her ideas, and passionate about taking on creative challenges in both concept and medium.
Check out our work at: www.flycommunications.com
The Junior Graphic Designer will: assist in creating design assets, work on new and existing projects, brainstorm multiple campaign concepts both individually and in group settings, be flexible in working/learning in a variety of media, execute pieces within potentially rigorous brand guidelines and/or timeframes, and help with day-to-day design workflow.
The Junior Graphic Designer will also regularly be tasked with creating for, and engaging in a wide range of media including: various types of web design (full desktop/mobile sites, microsites), branding and logo exercises, various kinds and sizes of print material (posters, brochures, mailers, tradeshow materials), web/mobile banners, photo searching, photo retouching and compositing, brand guideline creation, internal presentations, mechanical file preparation, and comp construction.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- BFA (or Spring 2020 prospective BFA) in Graphic Design, Advertising, or Communication Design
- Experience in a field-related internship or freelance work, at minimum
- A very high level of proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Any supplemental skills in photography, motion graphics, video editing, and/or coding are big pluses)
- Confidence or dedicated interest in regularly alternating between print and digital work
- The ability to formulate concepts both individually and in a group setting, and execute them in a timely manner
- A VERY strong attention to detail, and a penchant for understanding all moving parts of a project, from concept to file preparation
- An ability to handle multiple projects efficiently
- An ability to clearly communicate and defend design choices
- The capability to graciously receive critiques, follow instructions, and implement feedback
- Strong interpersonal skills and a logical approach to tight deadlines and challenging design asks
- Fluency in Spanish (both speaking and writing) is a big plus, but not required
SCHEDULE AND CANDIDACY
Our ideal candidate would be able to commit to a full time M-F schedule or a part-time schedule of at least 3 (preferably) consecutive days per week. Based on performance and demonstrated skill, the part time position has the potential to transition to full time.
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION. CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO AND WORK FROM OUR MANHATTAN OFFICE.
Submit a portfolio link, resume, and a few lines about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org with Junior Graphic Designer in the subject line.