Goldstar.com is looking for an experienced UX designer to join our product team.
Goldstar is an industry leading primary ticket sales marketplace that is dedicated to making live entertainment more accessible. We work directly with thousands of theaters, clubs, concert promoters, museums, attractions, food festivals and all kinds of live entertainment to connect folks that want to go out with interesting things to do that they may not even know exist. Besides our apps and website, we power a number of other large “name brand” marketplaces. We are an established, profitable company that is still growing rapidly. And unlike many companies in the ticketing industry, we are laser-focused on improving the experience of the event-goer.
Designers play an important role at Goldstar—from helping to concept and realize new features all the way through to perfecting final details in the product. Our design team integrates with cross-functional teams in all parts of our business, and directly with the rest of our ~40 person product team. We’ve built a culture that is focused on collaboration and are looking for a designer who believes that great design happens in an open environment. Having in depth knowledge or experience in live entertainment -- music, theater, sports -- is a huge plus.
This is a full-time on-site position in our Pasadena, CA headquarters on Lake Ave or in our Portland, OR office.
- Working directly with Product Managers to understand user needs and develop prototypes to be validated
- Validate prototypes through user testing
- Research users through surveys, interviews, user tests and other research techniques
- Write interface copy that is clear and usable
- Handoff validated design solutions to product and brand designers and work collaboratively with developers to implement those solutions
Goldstar is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our mission is to help everyone love live entertainment as much as we do, and we can’t do that without a team as diverse (in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity and perspective) as our customers and the live entertainment industry as a whole.Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in a UX position
- Experience with Invision, Framer Studio, Origami or similar
- Lead user research and user testing sessions
- Have deep knowledge of Interaction Design principles and techniques
- Experience working with product and other UX designers in a collaborative team
- Have a portfolio of prototypes in multiple levels of fidelity
- Deep knowledge of iOS human interface guidelines and Android Material design
- Experience developing story maps, service blueprints or other types of high level product plans
- Experience using user research to build in-depth user personas
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- PTO (120 hours per year for the first 3 years, 160 hours thereafter).
- Stock options in our fast growing company
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events
- Flexible, professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly