Goldstar.com is looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our design team.
Goldstar is an industry leading primary ticket sales marketplace that is dedicated to making live entertainment more accessible. We work directly with thousands of theaters, clubs, concert promoters, museums, attractions, food festivals and all kinds of live entertainment to connect folks that want to go out with interesting things to do that they may not even know exist. Besides our apps and website, we power a number of other large “name brand” marketplaces. We are an established, profitable company that is still growing rapidly. And unlike many companies in the ticketing industry, we are laser-focused on improving the experience of the event-goer.
Designers play an important role at Goldstar—from helping to concept and realize new features all the way through to perfecting final details in the product. Our design team integrates with cross-functional teams in all parts of our business, and directly with the rest of our ~40 person product team. We’ve built a culture that is focused on collaboration and are looking for a designer who believes that great design happens in an open environment. Having in depth knowledge or experience in live entertainment -- music, theater, sports -- is a huge plus.
This is a full-time on-site position in our Pasadena, CA headquarters on Lake Ave or in our Portland, OR office.
- Execute user centered design, help to define features and contribute to the direction of the product
- Represent the Design Team in a cross-functional capacity, facilitate and engage in design discussions, and offer feedback during planning.
- Design prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Work closely with UX Researchers to understand our users and personas
- Work closely with Product Managers to understand the full needs of the business and design solutions that work for everyone
Goldstar is committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our mission is to help everyone love live entertainment as much as we do, and we can’t do that without a team as diverse (in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity and perspective) as our customers and the live entertainment industry as a whole.Requirements
- 3+ years of experience on a Product Design team for mobile
- Experience delivering working software in an agile development environment
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Experience with Design Sprints, Personas and other Design Thinking tools and processes
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS and the ability to convey ideas in code when necessary
- Equally comfortable designing for the web or native mobile apps. Able to articulate why and when specific platforms require a different approach
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to Haves
- Sketch expertise. Our processes are built around Sketch and Abstract, so an understanding of how to set up files and symbols for maximum share-ability is huge
- Excited to help us continue to flesh out our design system at a strategic level
- Experience with Framer.js, or a comparable rapid-prototyping tool
- Experience designing for e-commerce
- Proficiency with React.js
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- PTO (120 hours per year for the first 3 years, 160 hours thereafter)
- Stock options in our fast growing company
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- Complete 401k package that includes both traditional and roth 401k plans
- Employee ‘comp’ tickets to great events
- Professional work environment that is still fun and family friendly