Brand Design Intern
Our Design team is looking for someone who is highly collaborative and comfortable giving and receiving design critiques. We are looking for someone who is passionate about brand design, with interests in web and mobile technology. The ideal candidate is always looking for ways to create simplicity out of complex problems with an awareness for detail and an eye for sharp visual design. If you’ve got a healthy curiosity for how things work, a dedication to bringing a shared vision to life, and you are ready to grow in your design career, we’d love to hear from you!
Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters are in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline.
The Brand team
Mailchimp Brand Design is a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team comprised of photographers, illustrators, visual designers, videographers and motion designers. The Brand Design team works with just about every department and team from product to marketing to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
The internship program
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 6 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the MailChimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Execute design projects in compliance with brand standards
- Collaborate with designers, photographers, videographers, writers, web developers, and project managers to deliver beautiful and communicative design
- Deliver design assets and systems that meet business goals as defined by project leadership
- Support the brand design team
We’d love to hear from you if have:
- Online portfolio demonstrating a variety of projects
- Comfortable working collaboratively as well as independently
- Solid typography and layout skills
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Orderly file structure
- Effective with project planning
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Photo, motion, and/or video experience a plus
- Studio art (various mediums) experience a plus
- Experience with HTML/CSS a plus
Our company culture
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!