Head of Design (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Head of Design (m/f/d) with a passion for creating products that people love to use. We believe that the key to generating growth is designing great experiences that retain and engage users. We are looking for an experienced Head of Design to lead our talented team of product and visual designers, and drive our user experience vision across product and marketing.
As our Head of Design, you will:
- Provide design direction and mentor our collaborative team of 4 product and visual designers to deliver their best work.
- Drive the vision and ensure delivery of exceptional UX for our B2B2C products across multiple platforms.
- Build bridges between product and marketing design to build a powerful and consistent brand and visual identity.
- Be the advocate of our users, because you understand that everything begins and ends with them.
- Collaborate with product owners to create and maintain product roadmaps.
- Demonstrate and advocate for a hypothesis & data-driven design approach.
What you bring to the table:
- Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, User Interface Design, or related field.
- 5-8 years of experience designing digital experiences and 3-5 years leading design teams.
- Demonstrated track record of producing exceptional UX and visual identity for consumer facing products. B2B experience is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and an urge to change the status quo.
- Excellent command of business English. German is a plus.
- A will to maintain a best in class experience for our end users and to drive product development from a user-centric perspective.
- Persistence and an ability to persuade others of the value of your ideas.
- A desire to nurture talent in others.
It would be great if you additionally:
- Are an articulate and influential storyteller able to effectively communicate about design to different audiences.
- Have experience performing user research to inform product development, marketing and company strategy.
- Have experience advocating design-driven innovation in agile/SCRUM teams.
- Are passionate about bringing innovation to life that affects millions of people on a daily basis, and would love to join us in solving this opportunity in a new way.
- Are passionate about audio and exploring the shared landscape between audio experience, visual design and overall user experience.
What success looks like in this role:
In 3 months:
- Shape our design process within agile cross-functional teams, and coach designers on best practices.
In 6 months:
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders on aligning design direction with company strategic decisions.
- Have an impact on the value proposition of our product to attract and retain partners and users, focusing on our core metrics.
In 1 year:
- Inspire trust towards creativity and communicate the value of design across the company.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to make an impact on an untapped market and contribute to the development of a truly innovative product and company.
- An entrepreneurial experience in a young, fast moving startup located in the heart of trendy Berlin-Friedrichshain.
- A welcoming work culture which nourishes personal growth as the base for company growth.
- A team of people who start doing things, fail and learn fast in order to keep moving instead of waiting and drafting the perfect solutions.
- A top calibre diverse international team.
- Competitive compensation packages.