Maestro is seeking a design intern for a paid, summer-long program designed to expose the intern to real, client-facing work in the fields of UI/UX as well as branding & marketing. We expect this internship to run from May through August 2020, but don’t worry—we can be flexible on the specifics.
Who we are
Maestro exists to help others perform beautifully. We believe that every problem can be impacted by design, technology, and people that care. That’s why we’ve packed these four walls with dreamers and doers ready to design meaningful experiences that help our partners, their people, and their brand perform beautifully. Our team works collaboratively to intentionally craft solutions for Branding & Marketing, Learning, Software, and Media.
Who you are
If you told me you live for all things design, I wouldn’t be surprised. You are a passionate and ambitious digital designer who is comfortable working in a space where problems and solutions are not well defined. You are thrilled by the idea of working on a variety of projects across various disciplines. In fact, you will be given the opportunity to design both with our Software team as well as our Branding & Marketing team. You can cope with change, shift gears comfortably, and make decisions without having the total picture. Not only do you dive deep into customer pain points, but you advocate and invent on behalf of them by utilizing your design super powers.
What you’ll be doing on the Maestro Team
- Experience a multi-disciplinary view of design at Maestro, including work for our Software and Branding & Marketing teams
- Requirement gathering, ideating, creating, and maintaining concepts to communicate potential solutions
- Work closely with developers to take an idea from concept to implementation
- Work with project teams to brainstorm and identify opportunities for improving the overall user experience on client projects
- Support the Design team on client projects
- Become knowledgeable on interactive learning design, UX design and current industry design standards and the latest technologies
- Design beautifully crafted materials and software that integrates both convention and design trends
- Work on design projects that support our customer’s branding and marketing goals such as visual identity, websites, collateral and interactive experiences
- Maintain consistent design standards in all work
- Dedicate at least 24 hours to this internship per week
Talents we’re looking for
- A digital portfolio or website showcasing solid design skills and passion for design
- Desire to learn, grow, and contribute at the highest level
- Versatile design capabilities
- A strong design sense around branding, interaction and user needs
- Ability to follow a given design direction and work in a collaborative team environment
- Conceive innovative ideas to solve problems within design and technology constraints
- Work effectively with internal team members and clients, as needed
- Possess a strong attention to detail, but have the ability to balance a well-designed solution with time and budget constraints
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills to collaborate with team members and project stakeholders
- Hourly compensation. We take your experience and talent level into great consideration
- Real world experience for notable clients that will enhance your resume
- Work/life balance. Life happens, and here you have the time and freedom to deal with it
- Endless snacks for creative thought. Maestro is known for spoiling the team
We believe in an inclusive environment
Maestro is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.