Director of Product Design, Digital
Who is Kryo?
Kryo, Inc is the parent company of chili™, the high-growth sleep solutions company that is rapidly changing the way the world sleeps. Through a scientific approach to delivering products that help improve health and wellness through enhanced sleep quality, chili uses technology to deliver results that some might even call “magical.” We designed the original and most effective temperature-regulation sleep system, the chiliPAD™, trusted by thousands of delighted customers including pro athletes in every major US sports league, biohackers, business executives, TV personalities, ex-US Presidents and countless other high achievers seeking to optimize their health without pills or drugs.
More and more customers are experience the life-changing benefits of better sleep, enabled by the chiliPAD and new OOLER sleep system, which has led to rapid growth! To keep pace, we are seeking a Director of Product Design, Digital to help us continue our brand’s record growth!
Our aim is to help 15 million people sleep better in the next five years — one night of restful sleep at a time. Our passion is building products that enable people to get better, more effective sleep.
Read more about chili, and our goal to be the future of sleep-driven health, at chilitechnology.com.
What We're Building
In order to fulfill our mission, we are building products and services that educate and enable more effective sleep. These products include hardware and software that can monitor and control your body temperature while you sleep to trigger metabolic changes and improve the quality of your sleep.
The Kryo Director of Product Design, Digital will be the first role at Kryo dedicated to mobile and web apps. This role will provide oversight of the Kryo UX design practice and will be responsible for collaboration across the leadership, product, and marketing teams with a focus on usability, accessibility, design strategy, design ops, and content strategy.
The Director of Product Design, Digital is responsible for defining low-fidelity and high-fidelity concepts, wireframes, information architecture diagrams, journey maps, etc. with an ultimate goal of providing assets to build a best in class mobile application(s)/website for helping others improve their sleep.
This role will be an individual contributor role, but the candidate will have an opportunity to recruit other associate designers that will work in a matrix organization (primarily with marketing) to develop and oversee the creative process and artwork for the chili™ brand (packaging/advertising/social, etc.).
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that is goal-oriented and emphasizes accountability for delivering results.
What You’ll Do
- Create experiences people love - truly impressive interfaces, large-scale websites and applications.
- Build and deliver consistent high-quality design artifacts including wireframes, concept sketches, pixel-perfect design comps, prototypes, presentations and documentation.
- Ensure solutions are feasible and implemented within technical and business constraints
- Estimate and scope design work in a timely fashion.
- Interview/Test your concepts with end users to ensure success once developed
- chili™ brand steward, author of brand style guide and subject matter expert ensuring proper and consistent use of all branded assets on packaging, in advertising, on web, trade show, etc.
- Responsible for all consumer-facing expression(s) of our brand in print & digital form
- Recruit and hire team of graphic designers
- Own and enforce the brand style guide and brand standards
- Monitor and review team & individual performance. Provide regular feedback to ensure they are meeting their goals, work with them on personal development, and provide stretch assignments to help them become more proficient.
- Champion and evangelize user-centered, data informed, and agile design processes
- Communicate and live the company’s purpose, core values, and vision.
- Travel to home office (Mooresville, NC) 1-2x's a/month and as needed.
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of product design experience at a digital product agency or consultancy, with 3+ years in a senior role.
- Minimum 3 years of experience contributing to and governing consistent use of brand architecture and following brand guidelines
- Experience designing digital products and systems, and mobile apps, not just websites
- Bachelor’s degree in design, user experience, information architecture, marketing, information systems, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills.
- IxD expertise, with extensive experience in prototyping and interaction design using Framer.js and/or Principle.
- Mastery of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both oral and written.
- Basic knowledge of print design
- Fluent in translating stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into simple UIs.
- Addicted to staying ahead of desktop and mobile best practices, developments and trends in web, and mobile design.
- Motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team.
- Competitive Salary
- Employer-paid healthcare benefits
- 401k Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Purpose-driven culture
We are Not a Good Fit for You if:
- You aren’t a hands-on manager
- You are afraid to jump in and get the job done.
- You want to stay in your lane with a small fixed set of responsibilities.
- You want someone to tell you how to do your job.
- You don’t like to change in your daily routine & tasks.
- You don’t like to sleep and don’t believe high-quality sleep will help people live longer, healthier, and better lives.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Job Type: Full-time
- Mooresville, NC and Remote