UX Design Researcher
Simplisafe is looking for a Senior UX Design Research professional as we scale our Product Design team. In this role, you will plan, conduct, and synthesize in-home design research to identify consumer insights and utilize these to guide your team’s direction. This role is a great opportunity to influence and contribute to a new Design team.
We are in the midst of an aggressive hiring plan to fill our needs as we prepare for our next steps as a company. The Design team is a primary focus and our Head of Product Design will be building his team from the ground up. As such, you will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact on Simplisafe’s roadmap and you will be in a great position to grow as Simplisafe continues to expand.
Today, we are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever-growing IoT home automation security space, we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, we are expanding our Product Design team to produce the most cutting-edge designs on the market for our next generation of products.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, conduct, synthesize qualitative design research to inform and inspire design strategy and product development
- Be experienced with in-home design research to identify user needs
- Synthesize raw research data to derive creative insights and opportunities
- Apply research insights to creative design solutions
- Collaborate with design team and other multidisciplinary teams
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Be very confident with a wide variety of qualitative research methodologies, such as: conducting one-on-one interviews and ethnographic-style fieldwork, moderating group conversations, running live prototyping sessions, conducting co-design workshops, and engaging users remotely
- Impactful and passionate communicative skills
- Inspire other team members through creativity
- A zeal for turning qualitative research data into themes and design opportunities
- Identify analogous research activities
- 5+ years of professional experience in applied research, outside of academic training. This might include ethnographic-style fieldwork, design research, UX research, journalism, and others.
- Solid in translating research insights to creative design solutions
- Track record of working in highly collaborative design teams, or other multidisciplinary teams, ideally within a design consultancy.
- Familiarity with working across a variety of sectors and industries
- Some experience with basic mixed methods research that includes quantitative data. In particular, designing simple surveys (with tools like Google Forms, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey)
*Please note: this position does require the ability to travel