Are you passionate about solving difficult user experience problems and identifying solutions to simplify the user journey? Do you love bringing your visual design skills together with UX design to create amazing products? Do you thrive in a fast-paced working environment and navigating ambiguity? Do you excel at balancing the goals of the end user with those of the business?
The product designer will be a key member of the product team at Olo. You will be expected to work closely with our product managers, developers, restaurant customers and across our other teams to tackle interaction and interface problems. Expect to collaborate regularly with other product designers on the team.
This is a full-time role in New York City.
- Expertly research, design, and prototype new user experiences based on product requirements
- Gather and make sense of user goals, needs and problems
- Communicate solutions visually through sketching, storyboards, flows, etc.
- Craft rapid prototypes for team communication and user testing
- Translate UIs across all devices and screen sizes (we use Sketch, but are always open to exploring new tools).
- Drive the development and communication of clear design guidelines, patterns, libraries, and assets — and work closely with the development team to implement the vision (we use Zeplin for design-developer handoff)
- Validate designs through research, including competitive analysis, data & analytics, and direct interaction with clients and end-users
- Prioritize different design problems by understanding their significance and impact on our overall ecosystem
- Advocate for the end users of our products and communicate value of your work to our internal teams and external customers.Contribute to the development of the Olo design language and system
- Coach, mentor, and inspire the other members of your team
- 3 years of experience as a product designer
- A strong portfolio demonstrating UX and visual design principles and technical expertise (application requires a link to your portfolio)
- A real passion for user-centered design, and eye for visual design, and an understanding of how to unite user goals with business goals
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Flinto, Zeplin, Marvelapp, and other design tools.
- UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing and content strategies.
- Visual design expertise
- Experience working with software developers
- Collaborative and communicative by nature
- Bachelor’s degree
- Authorized for employment in the U.S without the need for Olo sponsorship
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform across 70,000 locations for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed in doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!