We're looking for a Front-end Developer to join our team to help grow our start-up SmartrMail and make email marketing better for e-commerce.
About SmartrMail ⚡️
The standard in email marketing sucks, especially for e-commerce. As a merchant, you're either stuck with a basic platform that sends bulk newsletters your customers hate, or you can upgrade to an enterprise tool which you pay too much for and will never have time to properly configure.
At SmartMail, we make the next step in email marketing for small-to-medium merchants easier than the first. Like our merchants we're a small team with big goals. We understand what it's like to have limited time and resources, and build an easy-to-use email marketing app that saves our merchants' time and delights their customers with better personalized email that gets more sales.
We're a small team of 14, spread across Australia, Portugal, Lithuania, and Nicaragua, but growing fast. We care deeply about technology, a great user experience, and making life better for ecommerce merchants.
The role is remote first.
- One main Rails app, 1 Vue app (not microservices) with 2 more on the roadmap for 2020
- Current stack: Rails 6, Postgresql, Redis, Vue.js, Nginx, Passenger, Sidekiq, Google Cloud
Job Requirements 👨💻👩💻
What the role will focus on
- Front End Development (using HTML, CSS, JS and Vue) of email composer and other app features
- Create workflows and components to enable beautiful, and consistent designs to be built and implemented quickly by the team
- Work with other developers to ensure that their backend code (Rails) supports the requirements for the frontend
- Code reviews of our other developers commits, feedback, discussing ideas and taking the time to learn yourself and teach others
- Bug fixing and Support
- Mentorship of junior developers
What you will bring to the role
- 3+ years’ experience in a Front-end role (remote ok)
- In their element writing elegant CSS and implementing pixel perfect designs
- Passionate about design principles and understand how to convey them to other developers and designers
- Be able to solve problems without us holding your hands and turn ideas into elegant solutions
- Be able to consider things from a customer perspective and translate that into ideas and requirements that can continually improve our frontend experience
- Experience with Rails or working on a team with a Rails stack
- Experience using Git version control
- Great communication (we use Github, Slack and Jira)
- Friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for learning
Nice but not essential
- Start up experience in any capacity
- Experience with e-commerce or HTML email development
Why Join SmartrMail?
- Build an awesome product that people love
- We're a friendly, flexible remote team and flexible work environment
- Work out of a cool co-working space in Lisbon (if not remote) or work anywhere you like
- We care deeply about technology and a great product
- We run a yearly retreat. Our first one was in Lisbon in 2019.
- Excellent potential to improve your craft and progress your career in a growing start up
Office locations: Remote first. We have offices in Australia (Melbourne & Adelaide), Lithuania (Vilnius & Kaunas), & Portugal (Lisbon)