UX Design Principal
UX Design Principal
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“We are a community of creative explorers on an inspiring design journey at 3M. Together, we are passionate about insights-driven innovation, creating meaningful brand experiences for people and the world.” – Eric Quint, vice president, chief brand and design officer at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a UX Design Principal with 3M’s Health Information Systems Division, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Providing leadership and direct management of several direct reports as part of the cross-discipline design team.
- Building and managing the development of a world-class design team that effectively delivers meaningful brand experiences, products and service solutions.
- Acting as champion of Design for strategic programs across the division, collaborating closely with business cross-functional teams.
- Partnering with key leadership and stakeholders to strategize on mid- and long-term business relevant design program identification, direction and development.
- Leading the creation of a strong, user-centered vision for product, service and experience development that drive better outcomes in healthcare.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (Completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), interaction design, design, design management, graphic design, industrial design, product development or design research.
- Ten (10) combined years experience in interaction, user interface, or product design for digital products in a private, public, or military environment.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- M.S. in Design, Design Strategy, Design Research, Interaction Design or Human Computer Interaction or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of experience with product commercialization that includes driving a product from conception through launch and assessing post-launch effectiveness.
- Experience with creating web-based products, mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Experience with design research techniques to understand the customer (e.g., interviews, contextual inquiry, usability testing, card sorting).
- Experience in managing and directing of cross-functional and creative teams driving collaboration.
Please attach a file or include a link to a non-confidential portfolio of design work along with your application.
Location: Murray, UT
Travel: May include up to 25%
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
For more information about 3M Design, visit www.3M.com/design or follow @3MDesign on Twitter.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.