Senior UX Designer
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Senior UX Designer (Information Architect) with 3M’s Health Information Systems Division, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Developing ontologies, taxonomies, and other information models to understand data, system, and ecosystem requirements.
- Translating content and mental models in order to map features and information to the needs of the product solution.
- Producing information architecture, categorizations, and flows to drive interactions.
- Supporting multiple new design programs, redesign efforts, or continuous improvement projects in a dynamic, diverse environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Collaborating with other design disciplines, engineering, and data science to craft human-centered solutions that drive better outcomes in healthcare.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university (Completed and verified prior to start) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Design, Library Science, Psychology, Communications, Graphic Design, or Design.
- Two (2) year experience design work in information architecture, content strategy or complex information systems for digital products in a public, private, or military environment.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- M.S. in Information Design, Interaction Design, Computer Science, Information Science, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years of experience as a UX practitioner (e.g. UX Architect, Information Architect, Content Strategist)
- Experience with creating web-based products, mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- In-depth understanding of key principles of cognitive psychology, interaction design, and object-oriented data structures.
- Ability to create interactive design prototypes in Axure, Adobe XD, HTML/JS/CSS, or other tools.
Please attach a file or include a link to a non-confidential portfolio of design work along with your application.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Travel: May include up to 10%
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).