Senior UX Visual Designer
We are a community of creative explorers on an inspiring design journey at 3M. Together, we are passionate about insights-driven innovation, creating meaningful brand experiences for people and the world.” – Eric Quint, vice president, chief brand and design officer at 3M
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Senior UX Visual Designer with 3M’s Health Information Systems Division, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Translating interaction wireframes into engaging, simple, and intuitive visual designs and communicating them to stakeholders.
- Defining visual design principles for digital interfaces that express the 3M brand.
- Developing visual design systems and patterns including layouts, grids, photography, iconography, UI elements, and others.
- Supporting multiple new design programs, redesign efforts, or continuous improvement projects in a dynamic, diverse environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Collaborating with other design disciplines to craft human-centered solutions that drive better outcomes in healthcare.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution in design, graphic design, visual communications, industrial design or design strategy.
- Two (2) years experience design work in visual design for digital products within brand guidelines in a private, public, or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- M.S. in Design Strategy, Graphic Design or Visual Communications, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years relevant work experience in the design industry.
- Excellent visual design aesthetics and expertise in layout, typography, and color, with an eye toward accessibility and inclusive design.
- Ability to visualize data and complex concepts in enterprise application design.
Please attach a file or include a link to a non-confidential portfolio of design work along with your application.
Location: Murray, UT
Travel: May include up to 10% travel
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being