Screen Art Director, Marcom - 200129206
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group that oversees all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to create world-class communications. Marcom’s Design Team is responsible for the design and art direction of core communications—including product launches and seasonal campaigns—across Retail, Channel, Packaging, Keynote, and Events. Working collaboratively, our primary focus is to define the look and feel of all Apple product imagery.
Screens are a focal point for many Apple devices. In product art direction, the role of screen content is key in showing the amazing things our devices can do. We’re looking for a Screen Art Director that will be an integral member of the team, crafting clear, compelling, inspiring, and beautiful on-device storytelling for our products. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of design, think strategically and critically plus have extraordinary attention to detail. They will also help give the work purpose by pushing the needle through experimentation.
•You have at least 7-10 years of design and art direction experience with an expert ability to develop innovative creative work.
•You're a strong communicator with great presentation skills that is able to articulate ideas in a clear manner, engage in healthy debate, and accept directional feedback.
•You possess versatility in visual styles, and understand how an inspiring content piece comes together through a variety of considerations: layout, graphic design, editorial, photography, image-making, illustration, type, and calligraphy.
•You have a keen ability to identify a wide-selection of artists for custom content, and curate well-crafted visuals from third party content.
•You can direct, and if necessary, redirect creative development to tell the right story.
•You have good organization skills that allow you to file work in a manner that can be shared with the team, and ensure that deadlines are met.
•You are a hands-on designer and have proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Plans and directs, in partnership with the Screen Producer, projects delivering outstanding design in accordance with project timelines, constraints, and parameters.
- Leads the successful creation and production of screen content assets, following creative direction, product briefs, and driving long-term screen content strategies.
- Works closely and cross-functionally with Human Interface Design, Brand and Production teams.
- Knowledgeable about the latest Apple OS systems, Apple Software programs, and UI elements, along with the apps and other inspiration to keep content fresh.
- Brainstorms, coordinates, and collaborates frequently in order to bring Apple’s key elements of design to life.
- Delivers persuasive creative presentations, communicating effectively to cross-functional partners.
- Provides thoughtful mentorship and encourages the team to pursue new creative solutions.
- Builds content that reflects Apple values and is culturally relevant.
A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field is preferred.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.