Head of Design - Venture Backed Startup
Hey, we are Welcome.
We are a small passionate team creating a next generation smart city companion.
Our platform uses friend and expert recommendations + an advanced ai that always has an answer for the question: ‘Where should I go now.’
Welcome launched four months ago, and immediately earned praise from Apple, Uncrate, Techcrunch, Product Hunt and more.
Welcome is venture backed by the best in the industry, and founded by a team that previously sold our last startup to Vimeo.
We are looking for a product designer (with marketing design chops) that can work directly with our founding team to own the look and feel of the product experience and brand. This includes our mobile app, website, branding, social channels and more.
You are a mobile centric product designer:
- You love design, technology, and creating dope mobile experiences.
- Not only can you think about the UI and UX, but also about the motion and flows between interactions.
- You love branding and marketing.
- You live in or want to live in San Francisco.
- You have at least 5 years experience, and have brought a consumer app to market
What you will do:
- Work directly with the founding team to own design
- Focus on the mobile UI/UX and motion
- Create really cool brand assets that live on social platforms of all kinds
- Craft the Welcome brand
- Evolve the Welcome web experience into something interactive
- Be a sounding board for all product decisions
- Grow with the company to move into a leadership position as we build out the design team
- Loves exploring and coming up with creative solutions
- Problem solver and thinks outside the box
- Deep understanding of design systems
- Can handle change and likes to move fast
- Team player that loves to riff on good product
- Great vibes
- Planing and Creating Design Systems
- Principle App (or other motion prototyping tool)
- Motion Graphic Experience (After Effects or other tools)
- Strong typography skills
- HTML / CSS / JS
- Video Editing
Competitive Salary + Equity
Things that would be helpful to see when applying:
- Linkedin Profile
- A portfolio
- A website
- Social Media Handles (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Anything else you want to share