Rentify aspires to be the largest landlord in the world, without owning any real estate; and a billion dollar business with a headcount of under 100. The company is hiring a design lead to oversee the creation of world class products and services for tenants and property managers. Reporting to the CTO, the Design Lead will take day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of interaction design and UX at Rentify, splitting their time between producing prototypes and specs, and empowering our talented engineering team with guides and best practice.
Background & Qualifications
The best evidence of your ability in this role, and the only requirement, is a broad portfolio of thoughtful design across a variety of products (e.g. web/mobile, consumer/enterprise), with consideration for overall interaction design and not just static PSDs.
Day to day responsibilities of Design Lead
- Owning the thought behind how our products and services work and fit together. That means: not just sketching and Photoshopping, but thinking and feeling how things fit together,
- Designing from low-fi to hi-fi all relevant design assets for major features,
- Developing simple repeatable assets and guides for our engineers to use on non-major releases,
- Signing off on design for all shipping code.
The best candidates will quickly move past their strong portfolio of design work and into the methodology used to iterate on it; requirement-gathering and spec-writing; collaborating across teams with multiple competing priorities.
Metrics & KPIs
- UAT: is the work we’re shipping solving our problems with few iterations?
- NPS and CSAT: do our customers rave about our awesome product?
The best candidates will demonstrate an ability to go beyond design and into the fundamental metrics which drive the business.
- Comfortable balancing and prioritising multiple streams of work, from micro to macro,
- Meticulous attention to detail, and unembarrassed when correcting the same person or people multiple times for the same issue,
- Outstanding communicator and lateral thinker,
- Drives forward autonomously without requiring significant steer.
The best candidates will demonstrate a history of working productively with colleagues from a range of disciplines, and driving forward their agenda through.
Results over effort (No martyrs!)
Remember the human (No assholes!)
Simplicity (No empire builders!)
Have fun (No grouches!)
What does Rentify do?
Rentify is becoming the biggest landlord in the world, without owning any real estate. The company analyses residential developments using machine learning, and provides developers with a financial hedge against voids and arrears. In doing so, the company takes on the leases of the units and rents and manages them to tenants. Tenants benefit from a host of unique advantages by being Rentify tenants, including building their credit rating with Experian as they pay their rent, and having all bills and utilities in their household split at source.