At Everlaw, we’re changing legal technology by combining serious computer science with an intuitive user experience. Our cloud-based software for litigation and investigations is a modern approach to ediscovery that enables legal teams to review, analyze, and collaborate on millions of documents.
Tackling litigation with technology is a surprisingly deep challenge. As a Product Designer, you will take on this challenge by driving design solutions end-to-end; from brainstorming the best experiences with the team to pushing pixel perfection right before shipping. You’ll leverage data and feedback from users and the team to iterate upon your designs.
As our ideal team member, you are highly motivated, a creative problem solver, and relentless in their desire to help our users perform their tasks efficiently in our platform. You possess a natural tendency to take initiative, own projects, and seek collaboration with the team. You are professional, process-oriented, an eloquent communicator, and have a knack for mastering new technology and tools.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you — even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
This is a full-time on-site position located in Oakland, California.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and product team members to create and enhance platform experiences
- Take conceptual ideas and turn them into features that are intuitive and effective in solving complex problems
- Provide respectful, insightful and actionable feedback to other designers to ensure elegant and cohesive experiences on the platform
- Partner with the team to conduct user research and synthesize results into insights that inform your designs
- Craft and deliver high-quality user stories, UX flows, wireframes, prototypes, and pixel-perfect specs
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure an effective implementation
- Contribute to the development of our design system; advocate consistent use of design standards across product experiences
- A strong portfolio of successfully launched products
- A strong design and systems thinking that enables you to craft intuitive, cohesive and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Expertise in user interface and interaction design for SaaS products
- A growth mindset that pushes you to seek feedback from the team to further iterate and experiment
- Ability to clearly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team
- Ability to work within established design guidelines
- Familiarity in HTML, CSS, and responsive design principles
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring U.S. employment visas for any applicants
- 4+ years of professional product design experience for SaaS products
- You’re familiar with the legal and ediscovery industries
- A passion for writing concise and clear copy
- Previous experience building design systems and/or component libraries
- An aptitude for strategic product thinking and vision to be a strong partner to the product team
- Experience leading design sprints
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
If you’re looking for an open, democratic company culture that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.