Full Stack Designer
With almost 300 million downloads to date, hundreds of thousands of users discover our apps every day—and many become paying customers. Our success stems from our ability to combine beautiful, intuitive UIs with our scientific, data-driven approach to product development, and from our relentless experimentation and optimization. To strengthen our Product team, we’re looking for a web developer with design skills to help create (and code!) marketing touchpoints like our paywalls. Your business-oriented mindset will put you in a prime position to deliver enormous positive impact at Bending Spoons.
A few examples of your tasks and responsibilities:
- Designing multiple versions of our mobile apps’ paywalls, landing pages, and other marketing materials, handling both UX and UI, to feed our pipeline of experiments—always seeking an uptick in performance.
- Working in close collaboration with our product managers and data analysts and having a big say in what experiments we focus on next.
- Boosting our online presence by designing, improving, and updating landing pages and websites for our products and initiatives.
- Staying informed on web development and design trends (both tools and style), as well as on the latest and greatest of web frontend development. You’re going to help us perform at the cutting edge of these fields.
What we offer
- Work for people, not clients. Here, there aren’t any clients doing backseat driving—we cater solely to our users. That means you're free to unleash your creativity on the people whose opinions matter most: the app-loving public.
- Top-of-the market tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can't wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach to design and to our cutting-edge workflows.
- Your work, in the hands of millions. Our apps have been downloaded hundreds of millions of times. We're a global force and your work will be enjoyed by users all over the world.
- Real impact. Millions of people all around the world will interact with the paywalls and websites you design. Through your work, you’ll have a tremendous positive impact on our company’s future.
- No micromanaging. Our HQ is amazing! We designed it ourselves and it goes beyond excellent functionality by offering all sorts of amenities, such as foosball tables, gaming consoles—and lots of free food!
- People who lift each other up. We hire for talent and leave divas at the door. You'll find a group of truly talented Spooners who are eager to learn and teach their secrets. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew.
- Continuous education. We pay for your Italian/English language lessons, but that’s not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we’re delighted to foot the tab.
- Remote working, flexible schedule, and unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “punch in, punch out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible with your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
- Top-notch HQ. Natural light, silent rooms, state-of-the-art hardware, fun-filled common spaces... the list never ends! You’ll certainly be in the right environment to do your best work. And, when it’s time to switch off, you can do that in style and comfort.
- Relocation package. To ease your move to Milan, the first three months of rent are on us. Visa support is provided for those who need it.
What we look for
- Passion. You’re a developer at heart, but you also love designing websites and UIs, and, preferably, have an interest in UX and user psychology.
- Relevant experience. You’ve got at least one mobile or web UI design project under your belt. You know your way around either Sketch, Adobe XD, or Figma (preferred).
- Business-orientation. You know how to create with your audience in mind, relying on A/B testing and data to constantly optimize your solutions. A large part of your satisfaction comes from the positive impact your work has on the business.
- A portfolio to show off. You have a quality portfolio of original work, with at least one example of web UI. As long as your work is well-polished and organized, it doesn’t matter in which field you gained most of your experience.
- Creativity. You’re inventive and find inspiration everywhere.
- Humility. You’re eager to help and not at all picky on what tasks you’re asked to take on. You’re open to feedback and truly value others’ opinions.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done well. You’re massively into getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Efficiency. You use your time wisely and can get stuff done at a fast pace.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth.
- Conversational English. You read and write well and can hold a relatively fluent conversation in English, even if the topic is somewhat complex or technical.
Commitment & contract
Full-time, permanent (tempo indeterminato).
Milan, Corso Como 15. It’s fine if you prefer to work remotely sometimes. We offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for twelve weeks.
Compensation & benefits
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are on us when you work from the office.
- Health care coverage, free weekly yoga classes, and a welfare plan for your well-being.
- The latest Mac, iPhone, and wireless noise-canceling headphones, as well as any software you might need to perform at your best.
- Our total compensation is top of the market and can grow rapidly and include stock options depending on your performance.
The current situation hasn’t stopped our hiring and onboarding. Our vacancies are for in-house employment and we can’t wait to meet the new Spooners in person but, until the Coronavirus is over, we’ll rely on remote onboarding for all new roles. Similarly, all interviews and assessments will take place online.