At Leverege, we're building IoT the way it should be. Our products are simple, intuitive, reliable, and powerful. We work with our clients throughout their entire product lifecycle to help them successfully launch some of the largest IoT solutions in the world.
As a designer at Leverege, we won't box you into a specific, narrow role. Instead, you will work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization through all aspects of the design process. Start-ups are a fast paced environment, and we want someone who can prototype, iterate, collaborate, and complete a project rapidly and to our design standards. As a designer at Leverege, you will design from conceptualization through to shipping the product to our clients. You will prototype and test your designs both internally and with customers. You will be responsible for user research, wireframing, visual design, and more.
Our designers juggle multiple products at a time. A normal day for a designer could consist of user testing a new feature for our platform in the morning, polishing off the visual design for a fleet application after lunch, and QA testing a pet tracking application with the engineers in the afternoon before heading home for the day. We believe in empowering individuals and provide every designer the opportunity to lead the design effort on a given product. We are looking for team members that have grit, desire, and an overall relentless ambition to execute.
Just starting out in your career? We also have an entry level rotational design program.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to and lead design on a wide range of IoT applications in different industries
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Marketing, and other business partners to arrive at the best possible solutions
- Design features and products that ship quickly and with a high quality
- User test prototypes and products & incorporate findings
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your products
- Work closely with Engineering for quality assurance throughout the product lifecycle
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company
- Create visual assets (PDFS, ebooks, pitch decks, website graphics, videos, and more) for our brand
What We Value
- Hunger to continuously improve your design abilities
- Inspiring portfolios that demonstrate creativity and product sense: we're looking for a generalist, not a specialist
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think through complex IoT systems
- Creative thinking and passion for design
- 1-3+ years of experience
- A deep knowledge of Figma
- Working knowledge of Sketch, After Effects, Indesign, Photoshop, Webflow, & Wordpress
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Experience building a design system
- Experience in prototyping and/or motion design - Figma & AE
- A deep understanding of and empathy for users
- Experience working with engineers that build your designs and how to hand-off effectively