Senior Interactive Designer
Beyond is a digital design agency made up of bright and passionate individuals focused on creating and delivering beautiful experiences for our clients. Our clients are ambitious companies with mainstream profiles, across all verticals and operating in all sectors.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Interactive Designer to help us create world-class digital products and experiences for some of the world’s most exciting brands (Google, Snapchat, Facebook, The Royal College Of Art, to name a few). As part of a collaborative multidisciplinary product team, the Senior Interactive Designer will help set the vision for end-to-end user experiences and work hands-on to turn that vision into reality.
The Senior Designer will be passionate about developing beautiful, meaningful, human-centred products that meet both user needs and business goals. You’ll use that passion to exceed client expectations, inspire your coworkers, and help us build our product capabilities across the studio. You'll have full autonomy on products and will shape their approach and strategic direction.
We are currently expanding our creative team, refreshing our brand and updating our look across all platforms. It’s an exciting time to join us. Here’s a sneak peek at what we’ve been up to https://vimeo.com/367786028/b1783d5873
As a Beyond Senior Interactive Designer, you’ll have the chance to:
- Drive conceptual thinking across project and pitch work.
- Design best-in-class user experiences/visuals through sketches, design comps and interaction/animation design.
- Articulate your vision through mood boards, storyboards, interactive page layouts, site grids, wireframes, interface demos, simulation and tell stories through full motion graphics pieces.
- Craft beautiful, on-brand presentations for internal work (e.g. pitches) and client workshops/meetings.
- Create happy, thriving partnerships within nimble, collaborative, multidisciplinary teams and with clients.
- Provide guidance and oversight for more junior designers to encourage their growth and ensure sound thinking and quality delivery.
- Plan, participate in (and often lead) workshops with colleagues and/or clients
- Support studio initiatives and client needs for creative design services as-needed.
- Support the product development process with production design, management and delivery of design assets, including style and implementation guide when necessary.
- Travel to clients’ offices when needed to better understand their environment and build empathy for their challenges.
As a Beyond Senior Interactive Designer, we’d like you to bring:
- 5+ years experience in a reputable agency environment, with experience leading successful digital projects, which you can demonstrate through an online portfolio of work
- Exceptional typography and layout skills and understand how brand experiences translate across platforms
- Ability to generate ideas and think beyond basic requirements to exceed expectations
- A future-forward mentality, a good understanding of technology, usability and how to translate big ideas into simple user interfaces, across a varied set of clients and projects
- Ability to think about solutions in motion and can quickly produce design sketches, prototypes or animated sequences to convey an idea using After Effects
- Ability to think on your feet and jump into not only projects from the beginning, but also add value to ongoing engagements
- A clear design aesthetic but you’re also able to adapt your design approach to mesh with different brands and other designers’ ideas
- Ability to bring your designs to life with a number of design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Principle, Invision, and the Adobe Creative Suite
And in return Beyond offers:
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- An awesome new office space
- Agile working
- Opportunities to make a difference in a nimble, highly productive environment
- Inter-office travel opportunities
- Minimum of £500 flexible benefits allowance such as healthcare & dental
- 6% matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off for free and a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day (so a total of at least 30 days leave a year PLUS bank holidays!)
- Monthly social events organised by the Beyond social committee
Having been named among Sunday Times Best 100 Companies, we believe culture plays a large role in what we offer as an organisation. We actively promote diversity in all its forms across our Studios and we proudly, passionately and pro-actively strive to create a culture of inclusivity and openness for all our employees.
Beyond is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers, and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender or age, it is about people. And without our people being their most creative and innovative selves, we are nothing.
If you're interested in this position, please send along work samples in the form of an online portfolio and a URL for your LinkedIn profile. Please note, we will not consider applicants that do not submit a portfolio.