Ampush is looking for a talented, highly motivated Creative Director to further establish its creative department and drive the team forward to deliver stunning and captivating results-driven digital creative. Our ideal candidate has a killer portfolio, strong people management and mentoring skills, an ability to translate all things creative to the broader organization, and a wealth of experience building successful client relationships.
As experts in digital marketing, Ampush oversees the user’s entire journey – from developing compelling ad creative, to optimizing the onsite user experience, to improving post-click engagement. The Creative Director will be expected to help define digital marketing strategies across channels while guiding the designers, UI/UX designers, and copywriters on the team to work seamlessly with their colleagues across departments.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in driving acquisition via social media and other digital marketing channels, as well as by optimizing the user experience throughout the entire conversion funnel.
Ampush has offices in San Francisco and New York and was recently recognized as a Verified Expert Growth Marketing Agency by TechCrunch.
- Establish and build a more defined Creative Department within the context of Ampush. Serve as a mentor, leader and advocate for the designers, supporting the expansion of our talent and portfolio in the creative space
- Educate the Senior Leadership Team regarding the role creative can play within digital marketing and facilitate the integration of creative across all internal and external efforts
- Elevate and streamline the quality of creative output across all partnerships to ensure creative consistently meets or surpases client expectations
- Provide an innovative, yet data-driven, perspective to set the tone for creative strategy at Ampush. Play an integral role in business development and help to better define Ampush as an expert in the creative space for direct-response marketing
- Create growth opportunities for the creative department both internally and externally. Facilitate knowledge-shares among designers to ensure learnings and key-insights are applied across partnerships where relevant
- Define an informative and structured onboarding process for new designers and/or designers switching to a new partner to ensure a positive and productive experience for both the individual as well as for the client.
- Be the visionary for the creative department — pushing convention, building forward-thinking teams and taking calculated risks
- 10+ years experience within the design industry
- 5+ years in a creative leadership/management role
- Thorough understanding of the creative process, project management principles and managing client relationships
- Provide conceptual oversight and creative direction, constantly pushing and elevating the quality of creative output
- Top-notch written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities, deadlines, and multiple stakeholders
- Social fluency and a strong working knowledge of how to drive conversion and engagement across channels
- Ability to travel, as needed, between Ampush offices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) with match
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Discounted gym and Zipcar memberships
- Subsidized lunches
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship.
Ampush reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Ampush is an Equal Opportunity Employer.