Lead Product UX/UI Designer
We're looking for a passionate UX/UI product designer to join our team at Pledge It. At Pledge It, we believe in the power of sport to drive powerful social impact. We're the leading sports crowdfunding platform empowering professional athletes, high school teams and fitness enthusiasts to earn donations based on their athletic performance. We've helped teams and athletes - like James Harden, Lindsey Vonn and Russell Wilson - raise more than $14M and Pledge It is trusted by the world’s top brands like Adidas, CBS Sports, New Balance, the American Cancer Society and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. https://pledgeit.org/
As our lead designer, you’ll work closely with our product owner to set the vision for our overall user experience that will empower and inspire our community! You’ll have the opportunity to interact with customers to understand their pain points and uncover unmet needs. You’ll inspire what's possible by quickly producing multiple concepts, knowing when to apply attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes. You'll also partner closely with our engineering team to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
What you’ll do
- Develop the overall user experience through collaboration with the Product Owner to understand Product Vision, Roadmap and User Stories.
- Act as the lead designer on all product work. Create wireframes, mockups, user flows, prototypes, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design concepts
- Create production-ready art assets and style guides for implementation by the development team
- Assist in collecting user feedback and usability testing to understand users needs and refine design concepts
- Ability to think long-term and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision.
- You have a user-focused design mentality and are constantly looking to sharpen your instincts through user feedback and insight.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Who you are
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing mobile applications
- A strong understanding of web and mobile UI standards, usability, and practical experience in the design and development of user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
- Expert user of prototyping and wireframing tools such as InVision, Sketch Photoshop or Zeplin for presenting and sharing your ideas
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision but also have a sharp eye for detail.
- Experience with creating clear web and digital experiences
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)