IV.AI is looking for our first dedicated designer to work on internal and external projects for our growing list of clients. The ideal candidate will be interested in designing simple solutions to communicate complicated machine learning models in the natural language space. They should be passionate about user centric and accessible design. They should also be comfortable working within a team of smart people with tight deadlines. We value people who are able to work collaboratively in a distributed team and who are excited about the potential of machine learning.
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer and Chief Product Officer to design core product offerings
- Work with senior management to further define and build out the IV.AI brand identity
- Work with Head of Technical Services and Account Managers to provide designs for particular client projects
- Workshop and wireframe possible design solutions for internal products and external clients
- Become a key stakeholder in the IV.AI design experience
Our inclusive culture values people regardless of their background. We are not looking for traditional qualifications, but a person that can show they care about shipping production-quality code while tackling tough problems in a considered and efficient manor. If you have the following experience, then we’d love to hear from you:
- 2+ years experience in a design orientated role (web designer, app designer, ux designer, digital designer, or similar)
- Strong portfolio showing web, mobile and brand identity experience
- Experience with either Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
- Experience building data visualizations
- Experience building design systems
- Experience designing for internal products and external clients
- Great communication and production skills
- Some motion experience would be beneficial
Who are we?
IV.AI is the world's smartest AI platform with a focus on enterprise. We have grown fast but aim to retain our scrappy nature that enabled us to build big ML models that outperform the industry standards. There are a lot of companies right now that talk about the potential impact of AI while we hustle hard and have actually proven the benefits repeatedly. See validation on the homepage or via case studies and press.
We’re trying to help everyone become better informed by using machine learning - whether it's a model that makes sense of noisy social media data, a voice-powered interface, or a conversational interface, we want to help others make more informed decisions by using AI.
Our inclusive culture values people regardless of their background, education, or upbringing. In order to train machines to act appropriately we need to be representative of the entire population. AI is only as good as the teams working on it and the training it receives.
You should expect hard challenges working with our tier 1 client list. In just 3 years we have built a scalable platform with 1000s of AI solutions for Fortune 500 companies including Sony, Netflix, Time Warner, Fox, Capital One, Estée Lauder, to name a few.
Being professional and respectful of our clients is of the utmost importance. We work with blue chip clients and we sometimes work with very sensitive data.
Our employees are constantly problem solving and assessing their own output to maximize delivery. It's important that our team is always looking for the best way of addressing problems so we can manage customer expectations.
We never try to write more code than is necessary for a task. We modularize and systemize everything. Concurrency is important to us and simple solutions always win. We work together to determine best practices / processes, and to stick to them. We believe that no challenge is too hard.
We’re still young. Expect that you'll be part of a core team, able to have a say in the future of the company. Also expect that the senior team have no problem being challenged: they love to listen.
Who you should be...
You should love to build things and be excited about AI. You should be smart but always willing to learn. You'll be able to accept your own limitations and be honest that nobody knows everything, anybody is able to ask for support. You will always be looking for solutions that can speed up workflows. Efficiency is at the top of your mind. You like doing things the "right" way, but are pragmatic when you have a deadline.