Lead UX Designer
Hi, we’re Trust & Will. We’re making estate planning simple, affordable, & accessible with a design-first approach and amazing customer support. In just over 2 years of launching, we have tens of thousands of happy customers using our complete suite of products nationwide. We’re enabling every American to create a plan that fits their family, their life, and their legacy.
We’re backed by some of the leading names in venture capital including Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, Western Technology Investments, Luma Launch, Halogen Ventures, and Techstars, as well as a prominent list of angel investors who all believe in our mission to help everyone leave a legacy they can be proud of.
We’re looking for an experienced Lead UX Designer to work directly with our Head of Product on transforming the world of estate planning.
You are an experienced Lead UX Designer who has deep experience working with consumer web applications. You care as much about the way something looks as the way it's implemented into code to create an elegant and seamless user experience. You want to support and develop your team members and make an impact with your work.
You’ve worked in multi-disciplinary product teams, working and alongside other designers and developers; ideally, this would be in the form of another digital product at scale. You’re open to sharing knowledge and improving our standards and team processes, be it through design reviews, user interviews, or other methods. You love to use tests and data to justify your product decisions and can create and articulate requirements to help define what needs to be done to get the results that are needed.
- Work directly with our Head of Product to design and implement new features
- Collaborate with our Head of Development to ensure features are built as specified
- Find and address User Experience issues
- Participate in product reviews and roadmap discussions
- Build new features and products as part of cross-functional teams, ensuring that our brand standards are upheld
- Improve existing features, keeping them in line with best practices and new technologies
- Propose new uses of technology to improve UX and solve problems with an understanding of how the technology works and will integrate into the product
- Gain an understanding of our business, our customers, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgment to make independent decisions
- Share your knowledge/experience/interests with the team - be it through design commentary, UX reviews, etc.
- Learn new skills and techniques that improve your own work as well as the rest of the teams
- Help shape the future of tech at Trust & Will, highlighting areas we can improve, sharing ideas and helping in hiring new team members
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Friday team lunches
- Great work environment
- Work alongside the founding team and help shape the future of the company
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, please get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude are just as important as experience!
= = = = = =
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Trust & Will's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.