Vincent (http://www.withvincent.com) is the world's research and discovery engine for alternative asset investing. We unite hundreds of online investing platforms for alternatives -- real estate, debt, startups and more -- into one easy-to-navigate site, allowing investors unprecedented access to new opportunities and research. Think of us as a SeatGeek or Zillow for online investing.
We are a data driven, product-focused company that leads with our values, and a highly collaborative team that believes in the power of design. We are experienced founders with decades of experience in technology business-building, investment marketing and product creation, with numerous exits. We're building a platform to redefine the accessibility of investing for potentially hundreds of millions of people. Our mission is to bring transparency and ease to the 'black box' of alternative investing - and we're building a culture and a team to go on that journey.
The company was founded in June. We conducted customer research and validation during the summer, and raised our first ~$2M in the fall. We are in the process of rolling out a closed beta with early users.
What are our design needs?
Vincent is hiring a full-time Design Lead to concept and implement all of our external facing product, brand and marketing efforts so that we continue to delight our users and rapidly grow our business. It’s an opportunity to join a business early in its development, lead the design, shape the product, and have an outsized influence internally and externally. We’re a consumer-facing, online search engine premised on enabling users to remove friction from the process of sourcing, researching, diligencing and investing in online alternative assets -- real estate, debt, startups and more. Our founders believe deeply in the power of design and the importance of utilizing great design practices before, during and after rolling out a product to solve user challenges. This is an essential, hands-on role for the right individual to channel their energy and creativity—affecting all areas of design as we grow our business.
Design Lead responsibilities include:
- Creating world-class visual assets to help tell the Vincent story and inspire users
- Inspiring bold visual ideas to shape the brand identity, campaigns, and digital assets
- Working with the broader product team to optimize the Vincent user experience
- Create documentation and artifacts such as flows, landing pages, journeys, mocks and other visual elements to engage users and develop our product
- Reviewing competitive research findings across our landscape to establish best practice and differentiation
- Enhancement of brand elements to include at least site mocks, logo, business cards, letterhead and style guide
Who are we looking for?
If you’re the right design lead for Vincent , you likely have the following abilities and experience:
- Extraordinary visual communications skills as evidenced by portfolio
- Strong product design experience, evidenced by case studies from prior work
- Comfort with sketch, figma, invision, photoshop, unbounce and similar tools for generating and iterating on assets and validating them with users
- Significant experience designing mobile/web experiences or working as an Information Architect or Interaction Designer, with experience on data-heavy products
- Familiarity with lean and agile processes and team dynamics
- Available to work in New York City (office in Soho currently)
- Comfort working with a high level of ambiguity and moving fast, while taking real-time direct feedback and integrating it into your approach
- High-energy, positive and flexible self-starter who likes to work on important challenges
- Experience with online audience-building, investing and fintech preferred
Are you interested?
If you or someone you know would be a good fit for this opportunity, please reach out to email@example.com or apply here with a link to design portfolio and relevant case studies, and a brief note indicating why this project is of interest.