FT Visual Designer
Location: North, South and Central America
Full Time at 38 hours/week
Rate: $2,000- $2,500/month depending on experience
The Visual Designer sets the standards for visual design direction and we’re looking for talented people to join our team!
WANDR is an award-winning Product Strategy and UX design firm that solves business problems while creating memorable brands for our clients. We have a proven design process and methodology that our projects follow for different types of clients ranging from bootstrapped startups to Fortune 500 companies.
With each new project, you will be working in a collaborative team environment with a Product Strategist, Product Designer, and Visual Designer. We are an agile team, so we expect our Visual Designers to be able to commit to tight deadlines.
- Own a laptop
- Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD
- Must know how to use components
- Framer, Flinto, Origami or Principle is a bonus
- Passion for creativity
- Strong design portfolio & background
- Expertise in digital design, including mobile applications, websites, and SaaS products
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English
- Experience with interactive design and animation
- Experienced using Slack, AirTable, Trello and other project software tools
- Preferred degree in art, graphic art, or design
The Visual Designer’s main responsibilities are to define the visual direction of our design projects, and provide clear and concise guidance to the production team to execute design concepts and meet project deadlines. In this role, you will be working with our product team to collaborate and drive the project forward together. Other responsibilities include (but are not limited to);
- Collaborate and work with other team members in different time zones and cultures
- Facilitate communication within the product and visual design team
- Work closely with clients, acting as a liaison between them and the product and visual design team
- Present design proposals to clients
- Produce quality design work
- Receive critical feedback from team members and clients
- Provide regular project status updates
- Contribute to team with innovative ideas and designs
- Ensure the projects meets deadlines and are delivered following all our project handoff requirements
Our recruitment process for Visual Designers will be based strongly on your portfolio. We will respond back to you requesting additional information if we feel your portfolio meets our expectations.
Apply by emailing Jenna (email@example.com) with your resume, portfolio link and selfie video.
This video will be a 2 minutes (max) long where you answer the following questions:
- Your name, where you are located, and how long you have been designing for
- Your current availability. Are you freelancing? Working FT looking for new opportunities?
- How many hours a week can you work with us?
- Describe a mobile phone (open ended question- no right or wrong answer here)
This video can be recorded on your Iphone or computer, keep it simple and brief.
Enter into the email subject line: Visual Designer (Your city location)
Learn a little about us: https://wandr.studio/