We're looking for a talented, product-focused designer to join our team in Toronto. You'll be joining a small team that loves making powerful analytical and data visualization tools that allow brands to make sense of vast amounts of data through simple, beautiful interfaces.
EQ Works builds and operates LOCUS, a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) product that utilize the power of location focused business intelligence to empower businesses and organizations in decision making and marketing efforts. We process over 7 terabytes of uncompressed data a day using our proprietary statistical and machine learning models to understand how users at a continent scale interact with the real physical world. These insights enable Brands and Agencies to make key decisions about their businesses on who their customer is, where to reach them, which of their stores are more impactful, which outdoor signage to buy and which half of their marketing budget is working better at driving consumers to their stores etc.
We strongly believe in flat and diverse product teams, with plenty of opportunities to get mentored, as well as to mentor others. Because we believe in that everyone has their unique strengths regardless of "years of experience", and one of the best ways to learn is by teaching.
You’ll be working on:
- Work closely with our Chief Technology Officer and UX Engineering to spec out and design new features, improve the existing product and bring fresh viewpoints to the team
- Delivering high fidelity designs for new features the data science and product development teams are working on
- Sweat the small details and keep up with industry trends
- Rapid prototyping solutions to visual and use experience problems as we uncover them
- Advocating for great user experiences and representing our users in product discussions
- Kickstart a design system and work towards a coherent look and feel across the LOCUS platform
- Own the creation of consistent experiences across the platform
- Experience with end to end product design (iterating through user stories, personas, journeys, wireframing, prototyping and user testing)
- Passionate about delivering great user experiences without compromising utility
- Portfolio that showcases your UI abilities in live projects (we’re trying to understand your design language)
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Figma, InVision and/or other design tools (anything to get the job done)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver polished user experiences (we’re lacking here and we want you to own it)
- Ability to code HTML and CSS/SASS (so that our product developers can pick up and do their own magic)
- Cloud service credits (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Digital Ocean)
- Public Transit allowance
- Mobile data allowance
- Flex days
- Tea/Coffee Bar
- In-office Snacks