UI Designer | Contract-Full-Time | Remote | Mortgage - Real Estate
RedDoor is a Sacramento/San Francisco based start-up focused on building tech that elevates the home-buying experience. With a mission focused on understanding the home buyer’s best interest, we are building tech that gives them instant access to transparency in options and control over their financing experience. Simultaneously, we stand for the human aspect of the home buying process and know that the professionals involved in assisting the home buyer are imperative to their best interest, and our tech empowers these professionals to provide a higher level of service from beginning to end. Before RedDoor tech was out of prototype, we had several industry brands ask for exclusive rights (which we declined) and since we launched with our first version in May 2019, within twenty days we had an agreement to make sure our tech is in the hands of every agent in the largest brokerage in California.
RedDoor is at an incredible inflection point as we trail towards the end of our early-stage and sit poised for high growth to not only disrupt but ultimately change the industry.
About the job
We are currently looking for just the right talented and passionate UI Designer to collaborate with our design and product team.
We understand you might be a badass visual designer with great typography, color, and illustration skills, but we need you to go a bit further. You care about the user, you care about the product, and even though you won't have to deal with a bunch of business requirements, research, or strategy meetings, you understand why all that needs to be done in order for you to deliver the best quality of work possible.
You also understand the nature and fast-paced start-up life and will be willing to work in a collaborative environment involving people from different types of backgrounds and fields of expertise, working together with a remote team spread all over the world.
Your work will help hundreds (scaled to thousands) of home buyers and real estate agents to achieve their goals and make their dreams come true.
About your work
At RedDoor, you will help us build the technology that revolutionizes the future of the home buying experience. We are looking for someone who is a curator of ideas, drives collaboration, organization, thoughtfulness, and innovation.
- You'll have the responsibility of creating and maintaining design systems and Sketch libraries spotless, organized and clean.
- You will help us to define and improve the visual language and consistency of our 3 products.
- You will feel comfortable designing complex and beautiful User Interfaces, as well as creating mock-ups, components and production assets based on existent guidelines and requirements.
- You will help us prototyping mid-hi fidelity ideas quickly, ready to be tested or shared with the team.
- You will help your engineering teammates to understand the specs of your final design, and create nice and clear hand-off files and documentation.
- You will support our marketing team with cool visual assets for our web, social media, app stores, and email communications.
- You have demonstrable experience in UI Design for mobile and web applications.
- You have a clear understanding of iOS and Android guidelines, as well of the constraints and challenges of designing for mobile.
- You must have an online portfolio, Dribbble, or Behance showcasing your work and mobile design projects.
- You have high attention to detail and care about the quality of your work.
- You care about the efficiency of your workflow and understand how your deliverables impact the timeline of your teammates and product workflow.
- Your communication skills are as good as the quality of your work, so you can help others to understand what you do and why you do it.
- You take feedback positively and we'll always find an opportunity to improve and keep learning.
- You are flexible and efficient with your time management, considering the challenges and constrains or different time-zones.
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience with mobile apps
- Online portfolio, Dribble or Behance showcasing mobile projects
- Experience creating design systems and visual guidelines
- Great written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Growth mindset and ego-free attitude
What we offer
- Phenomenal Leadership
- Collaborative work environment
- Own your work - let your influence and expertise shine here. We want to hear your ideas!
- Flexibility in working hours
- Compensated sick and vacation time
- Build your dream with us - jump on a massive opportunity for growth with our company
RedDoor HQ Inc, is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. DRE 0204298, NMLS 1838659