Good design is incredibly important to us. We believe beautiful software is the sum of thousands of small details, done just right.
Good design is about emotion as much as utility. You will help guard the "soul" of our product. It's an important job.
We're a 16 person company and you'll report direct to the CEO.
- Your portfolio is beautiful. You bleed minimalism and simplicity.
- You have a critical eye for detail. If it's not pixel-perfect, it drives you crazy.
- You can code up some CSS and HTML in a pinch and submit to a git repository. We don't expect amazing engineering skills, but believe that designers who understand the medium are better.
- You are interested in improving your front-end coding chops.
- You naturally design for responsive layouts.
- You are amazing at empathy, and can get inside the head of our users.
- Lead our product roadmap. We're growing faster than we can keep up with, our users are clamouring for 10x more improvements than we have time to build, and it all seems super-important. You'll have to prioritize it.
- Lead a complete visual overhaul and revamp our styleguide. Implement a consistent responsive layout, typography, colors, standard UI elements, etc. We've been growing too fast and have accumulated a lot of design debt.
- Create detailed pixel-perfect Sketch sketch mockups and work closely with engineers iteratively. (Brownie points if you prefer HTML mockups).
- Fix our branding. It's never been as important as building something users actually want, but it's getting kind of embarrassing now.
- Market-rate salaries and stock options.
- Unlimited vacation days (mandatory 3 weeks off).
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- All-expense paid Wefunder vacation. We’ve taken two train trips across the country.
- Apple equipment. Whatever you want.
- Lots of free food and drinks.
- Reimbursement for classes and conferences.
Email email@example.com with why you'd like to work for us. Brownie points: include a survival skill you'd offer the team in a post-apocalyptic world.
On May 16, 2016, it became legal for regular people to invest as little as $100 in startups and small businesses. Since then, we have become the largest equity crowdfunding platform. We've helped 315 startups and small businesses – including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and potential Ebola cures – raise $113,297,431.
We're a Public Benefit Corporation with a mission to revitalize capitalism and keep the American dream alive. GDP growth is slowing. Wealth inequality is increasing. Entrepreneurship is dying across America; falling from 10.6% to 3.6% among those under 30 since 1989. We're reversing these trends by funding more deserving businesses across all of America, not solely tech startups in Silicon Valley.
Our Public Benefit Corp mission: https://wefunder.com/charter