KWI is actively looking for a talented UI / UX Designer who can create a best in class user experience for our clients. You’ll lead the design of the UI/UX experience for clients and transition those designs to production code that will enable best-in-class visual and interactive elements for enterprise scale applications and mobile apps. The UI/UX Designer will work in an agile, collaborative environment alongside developers, program managers, testers, and clients to design and implement compelling, intuitive, and innovative user centered experiences The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills, be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
About the Job
- Shepard the user experience across web and mobile solutions by guiding the vision, strategy, and cross-functional teamwork throughout a project’s execution
- Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints, and work within project parameters
- Work closely with users on their experience and pain-points in order to help drive our design process
- Balance user goals with business strategy and technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Synthesize requirements, technical constraints, user research, data and analytics into design solutions
- Create usability tests and gather feedback for analysis and improvement
- Use effective communication and storytelling techniques to bring ideas to life and gain influence, buy-in, and adoption across a wide variety of teams, departments, and stake holders
- You have 5+ years UI/UX design experience in web development and/or mobile apps
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity in early production definition stages
- You have a 4-year degree and/or equivalent work experience
- You’re extremely detail oriented and organized – able to multi-task easily
- You’re a team player and know what levers to pull to drive a successful outcomes
- You have basic knowledge of image authoring tools
- You’re comfortable with Illustrator or Sketch
- You have an understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- You have a good understanding of version control systems and continuous integration tools, such as Visual Studio Team System or Git
KWI. FIRST IN SaaS. FIRST IN THE CLOUD.
We are a small team with a big vision: to be the premier provider of cloud technology solutions for retailers. KWI’s culture is rooted in our core values – commitment, respect & dignity, accountability, reliability, passion, and caring. Our office environment is casual and fun – we recharge with a quick afternoon ping-pong game and are a culture that celebrates. We celebrate birthdays and holidays, and victories and failures. We encourage our people to take risks, to challenge the status quo, to improve processes, and to be better every day. We have a team of passionate and dedicated employees who are committed to making themselves and our clients better.
We offer complete Cloud-based solutions for a broad range of clients in specialty retailing. Since 1985 we've helped retailers achieve success through use of our leading systems including, merchandising, POS, Mobile POS, CRM, and loss prevention. We're a privately held, debt-free and 100% management owned company. Our company has never had a layoff and continues to grow! We offer a collaborative work environment with colleagues who have a passion for retail and technology.
At KWI, we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.