Smallpdf is the most used online PDF software and belongs to the 300 most visited websites worldwide. The 6-year-old company is one of the most recognized and awarded startups in Switzerland and has the ambition to simplify the life of its customers.
As a senior team full of passion for design, engineering, and business we create remarkable user experiences. Join our cross-functional team and have a direct impact on how over 25 million users worldwide work with documents.
As UX/UI Designer (Growth), you'll focus on constantly improving the customer funnels in order to maximize acquisition, conversion, and retention. Your core job will be to identify growth opportunities across all the Smallpdf products (web, responsive, browser integrations, mobile app, and desktop app) and to design elegant and functional solutions to turn free users into paying, inactive members into active and to increase both free and paying user retention.
You will work in our cross-functional growth team, which includes a PM, engineers, and designers. You’ll collaborate with the team to run experiments, perform A/B tests and learn from quantitative data as well as from qualitative user tests. You'll iterate, refine and finally, you'll incorporate winning ideas into our products.
- Identify opportunities and pain points across the user experience, on all the Smallpdf products, that have the potential to significantly improve the funnel performance for acquisition, conversion, retention and customer lifetime value.
- Drive product and growth optimization by following a data-driven and user-centric design approach. Validate assumptions and understand what works (and what not) from digging into quantitative and qualitative data.
- Research, ideate, sketch, design and prototype. Test, learn, iterate and improve.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, prototypes and visual design mockups for multiple devices and systems.
- Work collaboratively with our PMs, engineers, designers, marketing and SEO experts to develop and prioritize the most impactful growth and product improvements.
- You have experience working in a professional environment together with other designers, engineers, PMs, copywriters and SEO experts.
- You like to measure design based on data and use your skills to achieve business goals.
- You have 5 years of experience working on UX/UI of consumer-facing products.
- You are experienced with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with Figma or Principle is a plus.
- You have experience designing iteratively based on data from experiments.
- You have some familiarity with web technologies (HTML, CSS).
- You have a good understanding of online marketing and SEO (a plus).
- You’re a collaborative person, you work well in cross-functional teams, yet you’re able to take ownership and work independently.
- You have a bias towards action and a results-driven mentality. You’re persistent and unwilling to lose or leave problems unsolved.
- Fluent in English, German is not necessary.
- EU- citizen or a valid work permit to work in Switzerland.
- The chance to personally impact a successful & rapidly growing startup, and have a direct impact on tools that are used by millions of users worldwide.
- Work in small, highly motivated, cross-functional teams that pushes boundaries.
- Company events in the Swiss Alps and at the Zurich lake; after-work events (BBQs, kino, game nights, meetups and more).
- Professional development budget.
- In-office hack days to challenge yourself and the team.
- Unlimited free coffee and free drinks.
- Friday free team lunch.
- Free German language course.
- Office located in central Zürich.
If you like the job apply here please:
By sending your application you allow Smallpdf to handle and store your data.