Senior Manager, Product Design
Nurx is looking for an experienced Design leader to join our rapidly-growing Product Team in San Francisco. You will report to the VP of Product and manage a growing team of designers who are building the patient experience and care platform used by the CCA, Clinical, and Pharmacy team.
You will be responsible for managing, mentoring, and growing Nurx’s Product Design function, and will partner with Marketing, Engineering, and other cross-functional leaders to evolve our brand and position the technology teams for design excellence as we scale.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the vision for the design of the Nurx care platform and patient experience. Be a thought partner to Product Management and help shape what’s next on the Product roadmap.
- Reporting to the VP of Product, you will manage, mentor, and grow a team of designers and be directly responsible for the growth of the design organization.
- Develop structure and cadence that enables designers to grow and deliver high quality designs. Lead weekly design reviews, iterate on the design process, and create feedback loops that improve the output of the team.
- Establish a culture and process that enables patient and internal agent feedback to be core to the development process. Be an advocate for the user, and help leaders across the org keep the user central to decisions.
- Drive collaboration between the Design team and Product & Engineering to build, test, and validate solutions. You have the ability to identify and provide guidance on how to deliver high quality designs that align to key metrics.
- Be accountable to the evolution of our design system and help lead a team of designers in creating standards and patterns that enable us to ship consistent product quickly.
- Partner with the Marketing team to evolve the company brand. Enable new creative expressions and improve the usability of the design language used across all of our assets.
- Be an advocate for the design team and increase the visibility of the team and work product across the organization.
A bit about you:
- 6+ years of experience as a hands-on Product Designer working in consumer facing technology organizations. Experience shipping designs in a fast-paced, iterative development process at a startup is a plus.
- 4+ years of direct experience managing design teams - you are skilled at mentoring and growing designers, and have experience as a people leader.
- You have experience hiring designers and know how to run an effective hiring loop.
- You are an exceptional communicator and understand how to land messages that enable the best designs to be delivered.
- You think in terms of systems - you see how all the parts fit together and can quickly identify how changes can impact a broader system.
- You’re a user advocate, you love to make decisions based on data and have a passion for prototyping solutions as part of the design process.
- You have strong visual design acumen and have the ability to evolve an exciting brand to fit a growing number of needs across the company.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We are building a platform that empowers people to be in control of their health and make informed decisions about their own bodies.
Nurx enables doctors to give more patients personalized care at lower costs; and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control, PrEP, and HPV screens. That’s where you come in!
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.