Senior UX Designer
Who we are:
Backed by QED Investors, Lendeavor is building the modern bank for healthcare providers to help improve the quality of care they provide to millions of patients nationwide. Healthcare professionals are facing increasing financial pressure and a complex landscape of services that are difficult to navigate. We're committed to empowering these professionals with technology-enabled offerings to make it easier for them to obtain the right financial products and services when they need them so that they can focus on what they do best -- providing outstanding care.
Our first step was to make streamlined business financing (for example, a $750,000 loan for a dentist to buy her first practice) available to busy healthcare practitioners at their convenience -- instead of during the typical 9-to-5 banker’s hours. On the back end, our software makes our team more efficient at processing -- without the overhead of a brick-and-mortar presence -- saving doctors even more time and money. This efficiency drives faster funding and lower rates. Since making our first loan only three years ago, we’ve become a top lender in the space. Going forward, we’re focused on expanding our service offerings to healthcare professionals with a commitment to simplicity, convenience, and efficiency.
About the role:
Lendeavor is looking for a creative, collaborative, and empathetic designer to play a fundamental role in our product development process as our first-ever UX/UI hire. In this role, you will work side-by-side with product managers, software engineers, and business stakeholders to build high-performing and user-centric products designed to financially empower current and aspiring practice owners.
What you'll do:
- Design clear, intuitive, and delightful experiences for external and internal users across a variety of web and mobile products
- Conduct thoughtful, resource-efficient user research to uncover usability problems or validate designs
- Translate ideas into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Be the design voice on our product and engineering teams
- Participate in the product development process from definition through design, build, test, release, and maintenance
- Work closely with engineering, product, and business teams to stay on sprint schedule
- Collaborate with revenue teams to support core brand look and feel within assets, UI designs and patterns
- Contribute to strategic data-oriented decisions with the rest of the technology and executive teams
- Stay abreast of UX trends and source creative ideas and inspiration from parallel analogous worlds
What we're looking for:
- BA, BFA, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of UX/UI experience in an agile development environment within a fast-paced, startup, or high-growth company
- Passion for user-centered research and design
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end UX/UI lifecycle, responsive web and mobile application design, and wireframe development
- Deep experience and familiarity with design, repository, story, and backlog management tools and resources
- Demonstrated proficiency with prototyping tools such as InVision, Sketch, Visio, etc.
- A love of teamwork and great communication, demonstrated by meaningful experience collaborating directly with product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders
- Excellent eye and visual taste, including a passion for simplicity and a clean, crisp aesthetic
- A diverse web and mobile portfolio that showcases your style, proficiency, and approach to problem-solving
- The ability to work independently and proactively but with accountability to multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- An understanding of how to balance your extreme attention to detail with the need to work efficiently, be adaptable, and meet deadlines
Not required, but nice to have:
- Experience at a fintech or financial services company
- Graduate degree in design or related field
Lendeavor is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status.