UX / UI Designer
Beaconfire RED is looking for a User Experience & User Interface Designer who brings their creative and technological talents to web and digital marketing projects for nonprofit clients like the Audubon Society, Ocean Conservancy, and the League of Women Voters.
You will work closely with Beaconfire RED's UX & Visual Design Director, producing, presenting and pitching digital concepts that help our clients fundraise, build supporter engagement and inspire advocates — while driving true positive change on a broad scale.
UX / UI Designer Responsibilities
- Apply conceptual thinking to digital experiences and create compelling visual content for all digital platforms, including static, animated and video assets for social media channels, as well as illustration and data visualization-driven content and messaging.
- With a sharp eye for detail, execute high-fidelity wireframes and develop UI / visually-designed and branded prototypes across a range of digital platforms – websites, emails, landing pages, apps, digital advertising, social assets and other campaign branding elements. Expectation to apply innovative, modern design trends and offer creative suggestions for UX/UI animation techniques for all experiences.
- Own the design-to-development handoff, working closely with tech-leads and front-end developers – as well as writing detailed annotations using Zeplin.
- Help facilitate creative workshops, brainstorms and collaborative design sessions.
- Build strong client and project team relationships via effective presentations and proactive communication.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in the digital UX / UI design industry.
- Experience with user-interface / visual design / website design and interactive applications.
- Strong typography, identity/branding design, illustration and photography skills. Bonus points for video experience.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and frameworks like Bootstrap preferred.
- Agency experience, and/or an ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing requirements.
- An understanding of the nonprofit sector.
Other good things to know about this opportunity:
- This position is full time at our Washington DC Metro Area office (we’re located 2 metro-stops across the river in Arlington, VA).
- This position requires occasional travel throughout the US, primarily in the northeastern corridor.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Beaconfire RED.
- Candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job presented in a typical office environment.
- Beaconfire RED offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
- Beaconfire RED is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
About Beaconfire RED
At Beaconfire RED we help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things using digital technology. We design, build and promote websites and online campaigns that make people care and act. Our clients include leading organizations such as the truth Campaign, Audubon Society, the Ocean Conservancy and the League of Women Voters.
Benefits, Rewards & Perks at Beaconfire RED
- The people. We are friendly, smart, curious and passionate about what we do!
- Competitive salaries + bonus program
- Work-life balance (really!) + Casual work environment
- Platinum & Silver-level Health insurance plans - Medical, Dental & Vision. Pet insurance, too!
- 401k and company match
- Culture of Learning: Training budget, Friday Square tables and more
- Regular staff events and impromptu visits by the Beaconfire RED beverage cart
- Onsite gym
- Oh, and don’t forget - You're working with clients who are making a positive difference in the world.