Product Designer II
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Our ideal Product Designer is a relentless problem-solver who has a passion for innovation, is obsessed with understanding people and what motivates them, and always strives to create compelling digital product experiences.
We want a self-motivated, multi-talented, passionate design thinker to join our creative team. Ultimately, cultural fit and creative problem solving are extremely important. We are looking for a team player who will approach this role with creativity, humility, and empathy.
What You'll Do:
- Advocate a human-centered design approach in every aspect of user experience on all our products.
- Transition high-fidelity screen designs into an animation or prototyping tool to test features with users and developers.
- Create schematics, wireframes, and design documentation needed for new product features.
- User testing and user research.
- Confidently communicate and present design concepts, design rationale and the specifics of proposed solutions.
- Develop and maintain our design system.
- Be a trusted design partner amongst bright peers of product managers and engineers who will look to you to guide them in creating harmonious user experiences and design.
A Little About You:
- 1-4 years of industry experience in digital product design or a degree in HCD (human-centered design) or user experience design.
- Ability to design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Ability to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process across different client platforms.
- A deep understanding of customer problems to create elegant but practical solutions.
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies, and lo-fi & high-fi prototyping skills.
- Proficiency in prototyping and design software including Sketch, inVision, and Adobe CC tools.
- Initiative to identify problems and act on opportunities to improve the product offering.
- Strong visual and interaction design abilities with experience designing for responsive web and native mobile experience.
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines to drive change into products.
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Deep empathy for customers and processes for gaining it.
- Bonus Points: Experience with design research and a working knowledge of front-end development.