Senior Digital Product Designer (UX/UI)
Bridebook is the UK’s leading wedding planning app and website. Since launching in 2016 we now have 1 in 2 engaged couples in the UK using Bridebook to plan their wedding. We've been featured by the App Store, New York Times and the BBC, and we’re only just getting started!
We are seeking an experienced Digital Designer to help shape the future of our product as we continue to take the industry by storm. You will be responsible for leading and growing our design team and ensuring our product is designed to make wedding planning as intuitive, fun and rewarding as it should be. You should be capable of orchestrating an end-to-end design process (research and ideation through to high-fidelity prototyping), bringing in strong UX, UI and visual design experience. You will be leading our design efforts and working hand-in-hand with our engineering and product teams to build and deliver an outstanding product.
- Lead, manage and grow the design team
- Own the design process and continuously improve it to maximise quality and efficiency
- Design product features to ensure users having a delightful experience
- Work closely with product managers and developers to help produce a product that satisfies business, technical and UX constraints
- Work towards carrying out effective user testing and using the results to help shape our product decisions
- Collaboratively develop a product with continuous iterations, based on effective research and data analysis
- Create sketches, prototypes, wireframes, user flows and UI interactions for app as well as mobile and desktop web
- Communicate and advocate for product design within the wider team
- You have 5+ years of UX/UI experience designing digital products (app/web) in a commercial environment
- You have experience managing people and processes
- You are ambitious and keen to develop, both as a designer and as a manager
- You have experience designing apps as well as mobile and desktop web; you have a mobile-first mindset
- You have experience using Sketch, Figma, InVision, Principle/Framer or similar
- You have experience working directly with developers on design implementation (basic coding knowledge is a plus here)
- You always take into account the technical implications of your design decisions
- You are ultimately responsible for design decisions, but are always able to talk through and defend those ideas
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates strategic problem solving as well as your experience creating successful, user-centric products
WHAT WE OFFER:
Bridebook is a high-growth, fast paced tech startup and we're looking for someone to jump in and take on a new challenge. We believe in building a fantastic team and creating an exciting and unique workplace and company culture. Bridebook can offer you the opportunity to grow and develop your skills into new areas while working within a vibrant, social and collaborative environment – interacting with various talented teams of people who love what they do. We also offer a generous benefits package.
- Competitive compensation package
- Holidays: We offer a paid Christmas shutdown break between 25 December - 1 January. All this is in addition to bank holidays and company holiday days. Employees also earn an additional day holiday per year of service.
- Team events: We have an annual company retreat week as well as many social activities and team events
- Amazing culture: Free team lunch and evening cocktails every Friday, casual dress code, a constant supply of fruits, snacks, sweet treats, and tea/coffee