Senior Designer, Marketing
Pumpkin is looking for a Senior Designer, Marketing who loves animals and believes pets are family.
As an integral part of the Pumpkin Experience & Design team, you’ll participate in every aspect of the customer experience — with a strong focus on customer acquisition and growth. You’ll be a creative force, pushing our brand to be as impactful and memorable as possible. You’ll work closely with our Head of Marketing to create campaigns that convert and grow our business, and content that helps educate and engage our audience. You will help create a cohesive and compelling story for pumpkins’ customers – from the first Instagram ad they see, to the landing page they land on, and the welcome box they get when they join.
What You'll Do
- Create digital advertising campaigns that bring our brand to life, connect with pet parents, and drive customer acquisition– primarily on Facebook and Instagram.
- Explore new storytelling formats and mediums – imagery, video, animation, testimonials, etc.
- Create original assets for our brand through design, illustration, photography, etc.
- Help partner with and direct content partners – photographers, community managers, etc.
- Help build our brand and champion our design language and voice
- Collaborate with other marketing and product designers
- Optimize your work based on success metrics
- Work fast. Have fun. Love pets.
What We're Looking For:
- Online portfolio that showcases your creative concepts, executions, and results
- 4+ years of professional experience as marketing designer or art director
- Experience working on performance ads on Facebook and Instagram and scaling DTC businesses through impactful creative
- Experience across marketing mediums: email, landing pages, collateral
- Exceptional art direction skills. Ability to create “a look” and not be limited to a single aesthetic
- Craft: excellent executional design skills, typography and illustration
- Ability to follow brand guidelines, but to also experiment and expand on them
- Some motion design skills (you don’t need to be a pro but at least know a few hacks and be willing to experiment and learn new tools)
- Scrappiness: a willingness to experiment, hack, and learn new tricks and tools to create
- Basic knowledge of marketing concepts and metrics
- Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively
- Ability to create ads that are “on brand” and also perform
- A love of pets – especially cats and dogs!
- UI/UX design experience
- Photography/video skills
- Writing skills: copywriting, blog or editorial
- Animation, video, and motion design expertise
What We're Offering:
- Be a part of our mission to create a happier, healthier world for pets & their people
- The opportunity to join a team where every team member has the autonomy and support they need to boss their role and make empowered decisions
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Pumpkin Insurance and preventative care for every pet in your family
- Pet friendly office in the heart of NYC
- Unlimited PTO
We are building the future of pet health care.
We are creating a world where every Milo, Spot, Sweetie, Sugarbear — and Pumpkin — has access to the best care humanly possible, no matter their age, condition, or the cost. A place where families and vets work side-by-side to keep pets healthy now, and fur-ever. Because pets are family, and their care should live up to the love and joy they bring us.
Pumpkin is uniquely positioned to disrupt the rapidly growing, multi-billion-dollar pet insurance and pet wellness industry. We’re building the most robust support system for pets and their owners in times of good health, illness and emergency. Through the application of cutting-edge technology, product advantages, deep market relationships and best in class distribution capabilities, Pumpkin provides the first truly pet-centric experience in the space.